PDA

View Full Version : Chronograph Wire

fishnbob
08-28-2010, 08:15 PM
My chrono came with the cable that hooks up to the unit and runs to the portable readout screen, all folded up and stored inside the folding unit with the readout screen. My question is, have you guys had any problems with the cable failing due to the constant unrolling and rerolling it into the box for storage? How durable are the wires in this cable?:confused:

Dennis Eugene
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Nope, Dennis.

Mal Paso
09-05-2010, 01:29 AM
If it's a Shooting Chrony it's regular 3 line telephone cable so it should be able to handle rolling and strong language as well.:wink:

fishnbob
09-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Yep, Mal Paso, it is a Shooting Chrony, and it does have 3 wire cable connecting the rear & front detectors, but the cable that connects the portable shootin' bench readout unit to the chrony itself has 6 wires that I can count at the connectors. I could disconnect this cable & keep it in my range bag and remove all doubt, except for getting dirt or dust in the connectors.

Mal Paso
09-07-2010, 03:36 AM
It takes 2 wires for each Phone line x 3 lines = 6 wires. I should have been more clear. I do electrical for a living and forget to elaborate. I said 3 lines so if anyone needs one in a pinch they can be had at Home Depot and such. The jack is a standard RJ 11 with 6 contacts but quite often there will be only 2 or 4 wires between them because 1 and 2 line phones are more common. It's important that it be a 3 line/circuit cable with 6 wires.