PDA

View Full Version : Rayson Cartirdge, Whitman MA

sundog
08-25-2010, 10:17 PM
A buddy came by the shop today and handed me a box with M1 carbine mags and ammo. Some was pristine WCC 53 ball and other was LC 54 soft points. A green 50-rd box from Rayson Cartridge was in there also with some rounds in it marked 110 gr S.P.R.N., which I assume match up to the soft points. Anyway, mags look VERY good, and I'll try them out next range trip for function.

The WCC rounds are primer sealed with red stuff but do not appear to have a crimp on the primer, neither do the LC rounds. No reloading indications. Brass looks newly loaded other than being around for a few years. The Rayson box has a zip code (02382), so that puts it WELL past 53 or 54 -- 59 or 60 for zip code?

So, is this stuff repackaged surplus or loaded by a local/regional outfit using surplus/overrun brass. Anybody have a clue?

JIMinPHX
08-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Red primer sealer does not mean that it is a factory load. You can buy bottles of primer sealer for hand loading. Unfortunately, that's about all I have to contribute. I haven't fooled with carbines much.

madsenshooter
08-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Zip codes started in 64, I think.

NickSS
08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
The WCC stuff could be original as the military rounds for the carbine are not always crimped The others are probably reloads or commercial re manufactured ammo.

madsenshooter
08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Dug around a little and found other people asking about the company's 303 British & 7.62x54. It appears they pulled GI bullets and loaded hunting bullets for the above two.