PDA

View Full Version : PTO's

kbstenberg
08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
If the moderaters don't care for my question please deleat. Because it has nothing to do with shooting.
Please If anyone has any suggestions for me please chime in,
My riding lawntracter the PTO is not working. I was mowing, i hit a hole, the blades hit the dirt an stoped. I backed out of the holean the blades refused to go. The engine runs but the blades refused to turn.
My Mower is a Yard Man.
I took the PTO off the machine took it to the local Small Engine repair shop to be benchtested. They said it was OK.
I figured the switch went bad, or the moniter on the trans. went when i hit the hole.
I figured the easiest fix was to run new wires directly from battery through a new togle switch to the PTO.
After i re-installed PTO. Now the engine wouldn't start. It wouldn't even turnover.:oops: Re-took off PTO . Engine would start like normal. Re-Re-installed PTO. Finalley engine started like normal with the PTO on. Tomorrow i will hook up the PTO to the wires i ran.
The question i have should the PTO be able to turn a small amount while it is secured to the shaft on the motor. It can only turn back an forth about 3/4"
Tomorrow i will atach the wires i ran from the batery to the PTO.
I hope you can understand what i have tried to explain
Kevin

oneokie
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
A picture would help. Is it an electric clutch similar to the clutch on a car AC compressor?

cabezaverde
08-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Look here in the Lawn and Garden Tractors by brand.

Yardman is made by MTD.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/index.php