PDA

View Full Version : Great Day

rescue_171
08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I just melted down a almost free 5 gallon bucket heaping full with very little scrap... didn't weight it before but when I was done I now have 106lbs of fresh WW ingots ready to start loading.... Went in to the local car dealership and asked if they had any WW they needed to get rid of and the guy pointed me to the tire machine with WW all over and around it.... Heaping 5 gal bucket full. I offered to pay the guy be he said he could not take it so I went to the local McDonalds and got a bag of biscuits and took back to them and while I was there they "found" almost another bucket full in a back room and was told to come back about every 2 weeks and pick up the bucket beside the tire machine because that about how long it takes them to fill it up...

Also while at work talking to the maintance guy about casting he said he had about 200lbs of soft lead bars at home just getting in his way so I asked how much and was told he would bring them to me at work Friday for $20..

Great day indeed

Heckler
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I've considered asking local car shops for lead scrap, but I always assumed they would either already have another guy taking all their lead or be recycling it.

That's a very lucky find. It makes me think I might give a few local shops a try myself.

Charlie Two Tracks
08-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Very good find indeed! Thousands and thousands of boolits waiting to be made! A little bit of envy here.