PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm committed...

Wayne Smith
08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I was looking in COTW at possible .25 caliber cartridges to put in my Martini action, seeing as I don't curently own a quarter bore. Looked at the 25-35 AI and the 25 Kraig AI, both 40 degree. Then I was browsing on MidSouth and saw, in their clearance section, a set of RCBS 25 Kraig AI 40 degree dies for $86! They are now mine.

Now to get my gunsmith to get going on the work. Need a barrel. Need to send some wood in to get a stock cut. Anyone know who my gunsmith should rent a reamer from since I already have RCBS dies? Of course I can call them.

I guess this will be my first true wildcat - if I don't count the 8mm-06. It will be the first gun I will have had built up from scratch.

leadman
08-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Don't know where to get it chambered or a reamer from but it sounds like a fun project. From what I have read that cartridge can make some velocity.
Are you going to have to have the firing pin hole made smaller so the primer doesn't flow into it? Read that this needs to be done on some of the Martinis when going to a high pressure cartridge.

We will need pictures as this progresses.

Oh, the dies will probably be the cheapest thing you buy!
Krag brass is seasonal so buy it when you see it for sale as it doesn't last long.