PDA

View Full Version : Burn pressure trace data

EOD3
08-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for burn trace data for as many powders/cartridges as I can get. Obviously crusher data is useless for my purposes. What I'm looking for is transducer generated pressure traces.

Anybody know a guy, or a guy that knows a guy with source data? I have no problem signing a confidentiality agreement.

deltaenterprizes
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Ohler sells a system to produce this data using a strain guage that is afixed to your firearm.

Larry Gibson
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
EOD3

I have an Oehler M43 PBL and pressure test 18 Different cartridges in 22 different firearms currently. If you are looking for a massive tresury of all powders in all combinations I can help. However, if you have a specific cartridge in mind I may be able to help.

Larry Gibson

EOD3
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys,

Maybe an brief explanation of what I have up my sleeve will help.

I plan to develop a bit of software that speaks to initial combustion chamber area, cartridge dimensions, bore diameter, and burn rate/pressure curve of specific powders in a given cartridge.

Out the far end of this foolishness, I hope to be able to predict with some degree of certainty, which powders would be most efficient in an existing cartridge and more importantly, what cartridge geometries vs bore diameter/barrel length and area under the curve would tend to be most efficient.

I know full well this sort of thing already exists but, how and why are questions I have never been able to ignore.