PDA

View Full Version : The family done growed again today!!

Old Goat Keeper
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM
The Marlin family that is! I just bought me a like new Marlin Cowboy model in 38-55 today! Will be here in about a week.

Life IS good these days!

Tom

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Well . . . if you ever get so you have too many mouths to feed . . . I got a spare room . . . Congratulations![smilie=p:

Old Goat Keeper
08-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Well DB I'd not burden you with my "kids" but IF you want to send food...... :kidding:

Tom

Well . . . if you ever get so you have too many mouths to feed . . . I got a spare room . . . Congratulations![smilie=p:

Jon K
08-22-2010, 12:44 AM
OGK,

Nice find............those are kinda scarce lately.
They are great shooters!

Congrats,
Jon

ghh3rd
08-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Congrats on that. I'm looking for an 1895G to adopt :-)

Whit Spurzon
08-24-2010, 08:01 PM
OGK - Don't waste ammo at close range targets with that fine rifle. Haul it out west and Wind and I will help you test it out ;)

You are really on a roll lately. I'm hoping I have the $ when my turn comes! :p

Whit (aka Wet Dog on M.O.)

Old Goat Keeper
08-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Well Mr. Whit WetDog (sort of goes together) I ain'ts gonna deny myself the pleasure of shooting it at shorter ranges until I git out to Wind's loooooong range. I don't have that much self restraint! lol besides that gun IS gonna go deer hunting yet this fall and maybe hawg huntin too. I do have a short 300 yard range that I can use to get it tuned up for "the visit"! BTW, it only has factory irons on it. That will NEED to be remedied afore it starts it's long range career.

Tom

6pt-sika
08-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Well Mr. Whit WetDog (sort of goes together) I ain'ts gonna deny myself the pleasure of shooting it at shorter ranges until I git out to Wind's loooooong range. I don't have that much self restraint! lol besides that gun IS gonna go deer hunting yet this fall and maybe hawg huntin too. I do have a short 300 yard range that I can use to get it tuned up for "the visit"! BTW, it only has factory irons on it. That will NEED to be remedied afore it starts it's long range career.

Tom

I had a 336CB in 30-30 and 38-55 up at Ridgeway in PA about 5 or 6 years ago for w30wcf's Lever Action Jubilee .

Think I shot them both at pigs at 300 meters !

Tried to hit the big white full size buffalo they "Had or Have" at 800+ yards but I don't know if I hit it or not !