PDA

View Full Version : Where to get JPW?

chris in va
08-20-2010, 02:07 AM
I went to three stores yesterday looking for this mystical JPW everyone talks about. Lowes, no...AutoZone, no...Advance, no. They had some 'Paste Finishing Wax' (Mothers I think) but didn't get it.

So who carries it? Please don't make me go into WalMart.

skimmerhead
08-20-2010, 04:56 AM
local grocery store here has it on the shelves. if you can't find any p m me and i'll get you some and send it to ya.

skimmerhead :lovebooli

Bill*
08-20-2010, 07:52 AM
My local Lowes carries it but it's kinda hidden (in the cleaning supplies isle-walked past it about 3 times). Check with an employee, if one carries it I think they all will

BouseBill
08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Ace Hardware carries it here. Try your local store:)

thegreatdane
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Ace Hardware carries it here. Try your local store:)

+1 for Ace

Hardcast416taylor
08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Johnson`s Wax phone 1-800-848-2588 or their web site is SJCBRANDS.COM/MAILORDER to order products directly from them.Robert

UT Phoneguy
08-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I just bought a can at Home Depot two days ago- cleaning supply aisle right next to the wood floor cleaner.

saz
08-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Just picked up a can at lowes in the cleaning supply isle for $5.06 yesterday.

Hip's Ax
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I buy it at a old school local hardware store and also at Lowe's.

kawalekm
08-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Me too. Got a 1lb can at Home Depot a week ago. Was also in the cleaning supplies isle.

redneckdan
08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I get mine at the Great Satan Walmart...same reason I buy my gas at BP....to piss off the greenie weenies...:drinks:

chris in va
08-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Huh, the Lowes here doesn't carry JPW, just the Mother's and Maguires (sp). Didn't see a tag on the shelf for it either.

Guess I'll check with Ace.

chrispy
08-24-2010, 06:57 AM
What about in Australia? Are there any suppliers over here?

Chris

fishnbob
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Chrisin Va, Check the Tru-Value hardware stores in the cleaning aisle. I bought some there after I learned they were on the distribution list @ Johnson & co. I have just finished lubing several hundred boolits and they dry awsome. Sure keeps the seating dies cleaner! It's worth it!

GeneT
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I see you tried Autozone - I did too when I was looking. As it turns out JPW is for floors, not cars - that may aid your search. I ultimately found mine at Home Depot with the rest of the cleaning and polishing stuff.

GsT

looseprojectile
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I have read for the last several years here and elsewhere about using Johnsons Paste Wax in conjunction with lubing cast boolits. I have also contributed my findings here. I have had great results. I have never used Johnsons Paste wax.
Somewhere, maybe in a thrift store I bought a can of paste wax. It says on the can that it is a mould release wax to be used to keep fiberglass mouldings from sticking to moulds. I think that most any paste wax will perform the same.
Does not have to be Johnsons brand. Different brands of paste wax may have different ingredients but enough difference to matter to boolit casters?
I don't think so. These days almost nothing is made in America. I see nothing at all wrong with buying American made products in a Chinese store. I hope that Johnsons is still made in the US.
Just my two cents.

Life is good

chris in va
08-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Aha! Meijer had a can, tucked in with the automotive waxes. It's the brown type so probably been sitting there for a while.

Armorer
08-26-2010, 06:46 AM
My local Home Depot has it, and it's the old brown colored version. Just bought a can last weekend to give a try. I figure if I don't like it for my boolits, that I can always find something to do with it.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Ok, I realise this is not hard, but be'in an Ol'Coot, I am confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

If as some resent posts indicate, the current "JPW" is not the same as the old, tried and true and much loved, "JPW" why are people still trying to find it.

Shouldn't we be waiting to find out if the new product which is apparently NOT THE SAME formulation, cuts the mustard????????

Have I missed something here??:confused::confused:

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Armorer
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Coot, I only bought it cuz it was brown/tan/whatever. Mostly just to try it and satisfy my own curiosity. There are worse things I could do with 6 bucks I reckon. :)

Recluse
08-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I figure if I don't like it for my boolits, that I can always find something to do with it.

You can always give it to your wife while pointing towards the hardwood floors, coffee table, kitchen table. . .

If as some resent posts indicate, the current "JPW" is not the same as the old, tried and true and much loved, "JPW" why are people still trying to find it.

Shouldn't we be waiting to find out if the new product which is apparently NOT THE SAME formulation, cuts the mustard????????

Coot, I tried some of the "new" JPW (all that is different, apparently, is the elimination of the tan color dye) with LLA and a dash of mineral spirits. It mixed up just fine.

Lubed, sized and loaded some boolits and I can't tell one swinging bit of difference between the "new" stuff and the "old" stuff.

(Also tried it out on some hardwood furniture--same thing, can't tell any difference whatsoever.)

:coffee:

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Recluse,

Thanks, that is the kind of info I think we need on this subject.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

mold maker
08-27-2010, 01:46 PM
JPW works wonders on a cast saw table, or any tool subjected to moisture. Like the old Brill Cream ad, "A little dab will do ya".
I use it on shovels and such. A wheel barrow waxed with JPW really sheds its load, cleans up quick, and I have any left, I can lube boolits. What's not to like?

5Shot
08-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Huh, the Lowes here doesn't carry JPW, just the Mother's and Maguires (sp). Didn't see a tag on the shelf for it either.

Guess I'll check with Ace.

You are probably in the wrong section - those are car waxes, not floor wax.

C.F.Plinker
09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
The Home Depot near me had 3 or 4 cans on the shelf for about $6.00 each. I left them there for you guys because I had just scored on 2 cans at a garage sale for $1.00 each.