PDA

View Full Version : Lube Time!!!

shootinxd
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
I am looking for pointers using an RCBS Lube a matic.I am going to try Lyman moly as a freind has donated some of what he uses.Tanks Guy's!:drinks:

geargnasher
08-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Mount luber to table.
Put lube.
Put die.
Put top punch.
Set depth stop.
Put boolit.
Pull handle down.
Turn lube screw.
Push handle up.
Remove boolit.
Repeat previous five steps until you have no more boolits.
Go scrounge lead and cast more boolits. :-D
Repeat previous seven steps.

Gear

shootinxd
08-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks geargnasher,I hope this is not as messy as tumble lube!What a pain in the butt.

cajun shooter
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
If it is the Lyman Black Moly Lube I have some that I bought some years back. I quit using it as it was a PITA.

felix
08-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Moly is just imparts the wrong color to everything it touches, that's all. ... felix

fryboy
08-18-2010, 07:44 PM
felix aptly described it ...keep plenty of paper towels handy , i fold one in half and place it on my leg and then after lubing i put the base on the paper towel and twist , usually gets the bottom and corner clean ,lyman moly does turn everything it touches black , honestly it isnt any messier than any other soft lube ( other than the noticeable color that is ) it is great lube tho !!! i've used it in rifles and pistols with good results , before i ummm read the recipe section 99 times and decided to brew my own it and HVR ( no longer made [bummer] ) was my lubes of choice , while it doesnt need heat warm boolits and warm lube ( warm not hot ) worked decent for me , i usually set them in a cool spot after lubing to harden a bit ( i use the cheap trays that ammo comes in to sort and place them in to dry/cool) FWIW my best home brew lube to date used the remains of the moly lube i had in the sizer ......

shootinxd
08-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Any tricks to using the lube a matic?