PDA

View Full Version : Chalk up another convert for the Lee handloader Press!

Digger
08-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Thought I would give it a try and received one from Midway along with a couple of die sets the other day......what a treat !
Been trying out first loads with Miha's 125 gr. h.p. and brought it and the seating and crimping die's for the 9 mm to the range today.
I already had a bunch of shells primed and expanded off my turret press along with an old rcbs scale and other necessary items .....thru it all in the trunk and off we went.
For a green horn still , so to speak , this was a lot of fun.....actually developing loads at the range !

For some of the more experienced here it is just one more step, but....another big step for me and a bit of an adventure.
What a contrast to the people who just show up and let loose with a box and turn around and leave ......mean while over on the end of the tables , working out of the trunk of the car , I looked like a gun geek for sure.
Fun toy , as it is now on my list of basic necessities for reloading :razz:
digger

John 242
08-15-2010, 01:37 AM
What a contrast to the people who just show up and let loose with a box and turn around and leave ......mean while over on the end of the tables , working out of the trunk of the car , I looked like a gun geek for sure.

Gun geek? LOL....
I guess I fit that description, too. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Anyway, I've used the heck out of my hand press and think it's a pretty good tool.
Welcome to the geek squad.

bruce drake
08-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Ever notice the geeks get the hot ladies? Its because we use a Lee Hand Press... that's my theory and it's worked for me. Both with the wife of 16 years and my handloading.

I'm an ugly SOB but that little press is an angel when it comes to convienance and ability to develop loads on the range.

I like the idea that a basic reload setup can be thrown into an ammo box for quick range trips and its a great way to help setup a decent starter set for a new reloader with limited space.

Bruce

mdi
08-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Gun geek? I'd bet those other guys thought you were an expert reloader doing some important research!

Digger
08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Gun geek? I'd bet those other guys thought you were an expert reloader doing some important research!

dunno about that .... did get some strange looks tho ..
My little Kel tec 9 mm came home a happy camper as a result with some much more comfortable and accurate loads .

1hole
08-15-2010, 03:03 PM
"another convert for the Lee handloader Press!"

Guess I'm the ultimate geek. (And my lady of more than 52 years was quite hot at the beginning and that's the way she still looks to me.) But Lee makes some 6-8 models of handloading presses, many more than any other maker.

Which one is THE "Lee handloader press!"?

chris in va
08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I've used mine to load about 5000 rounds of 9mm, 45 and 30-06. Getting a little loose in the pivots but still functional.