PDA

View Full Version : Help ID a cylinder

Denver
09-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I have a cylinder for a Colt style SAA in 45ACP that I'd like to identify. It fits and funtions in a 3rd gen Colt, but the cylinder to barrel gap is waaaay wide. I think it's for one of the Italian clones. The dimensions are; 1.650 diameter, 1.602 face-face, 1.829 from ratchet face to end of cylinder bushing. It has a removable bushing like the 1st and 2nd gen Colts.
If anyone has one of the Italian clones, could you please measure your cylinder and let me know if it's at least close to the one I have?

Thanks for your help,

Denver

RayinNH
09-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Denver, I have a Uberti made clone in .45 Colt. The measurements are as follows 1.654 diameter, 1.593 face to face and 1.850 from front of bushing to end of ratchet. Hope this helps...Ray

Denver
09-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Ray;

Thanks for the info. The difference in length between your cylinder and mine from ratchet face to the bushing end is about the amount of end play mine has when installed in the Colt. When I hold the cylinder against the recoil shield there's a barrel/cylinder gap that's about .050 or more. I wonder if it might be for a Pietta or Armi San Marco?