PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Lubes??

aszerigan
08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I need to lube a couple hundred bullets today, and was hoping I could get to Home Depot and buy materials to tumble lube. Anyone have a recipe?

I will order Alox, but it won't be here until Wednesday or Thursday, and I need to do this today.

Thanks.

runfiverun
08-14-2010, 03:50 PM
3 parts j.p.w or similar tre-wax and one part b-wax.
melt the jpw and don't breathe the steam mix in the b-wax and re-melt if necessary.
then tumble lube.
it will dry hard in a couple of days if you take all the solvent out of the jpw.
or sooner if you just barely melt it,
by melting the b-wax first and stirring in the jpw.

geargnasher
08-14-2010, 11:17 PM
A little late, but if you can get your hands on some Amsoil HD metal protector spray (sold as a motorcycle chain lube) it will work well. Just spray a little on the boolits and tumble them per Lee's instructions.

Gear

mdi
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
After I read about Arnsoil here I ordered a couple cans and tried it. I haven't shot the boolits yet but the sprayed on stuff looks like it'll work. Thanx geargnasher...

geargnasher
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
It works, but just like all tumble lube formulas it works better for some things than others. If all else fails, you can use it for garage door track lube and lift chain lube, undercoating your fenders, bicycle/motorcycle chain lube, waterproofing brick and mortar, and mothballing anything made out of steel for long term storage. Ounce for ounce, it's about the same price as LLA.

Gear