PDA

View Full Version : Tapco sks stock

emorris
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I recently purchased a tapco t6 interfuse stock for my norico sks. The stock fit good with little fitting. The tapco mags dont seem to fit well. They are rubbinh on the action and it is actually shaving material from the mag. The rifle now has a better length of pull and handles better. The only hard part was with the gas tube. I had to drill part of the rivit before I punched it through. I was wondering if any one has any problems with the feeding on this design. I have not fully assembled mine yet since I am waiting on some more parts to make it 922 compliant.

ilcop22
08-12-2010, 11:22 PM
I had problems with the Tapco mags in a wood stock, but those were fixed when I switched to a Butler & Creek synthetic. Are you inserting the mags closed or open bolt? SKS are open bolt guns when using detachable mags. This can lead to the problem you've described.

Bloodman14
08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Tapco's mags should not rub on the action; make sure you are inserting it with the bolt open and that the 'tongue' of the mag is going into the slot in the stock. My Yugo 59/66 is fully Tapco'ed and is a blast to shoot! Good luck with yours.