PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale Find

MN91311
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Here is my latest garage sale find from last weekend. Moving sale. We were joking about how unlikely it would be to find lead at a garage sale. The next stop we made had these for sale for $10 for 36 pounds. Not raw scrap lead, nice neat one pound ingots. The owner said he previously cast muzzleloader balls with it. He kept the ladle and Lyman ingot mold, but I did not need those.

Two years ago, I bought about 20 # of lead, factory ingots, and 4 sinker molds, all for $10.

That's the fun of the garage sale hobby, you never know what you will find for sale. Anything and everything. It's my Saturday morning passion.

No_1
08-12-2010, 08:55 PM
The first thing I ask when I walk into a garage sale is "where is the gun / fishing stuff?".

Charlie Two Tracks
08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
That is a good find. I've never seen any at sales around here but I keep looking.

Papa Jack
08-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Garage sales are something I just never really got into, I guess mostly because I never have enough Cash in my pocket. The other thing is, where do I put more Junk that I drag home ???? I'm running out of room.......fast !
Well, thats going to change ! Today I sold an old lawn mower for $40.00, so I now I have the Cash, and a "void" in the shop where the mower used to sit.
Lots of fishing guys around here, B/P shooters too, and I found a stack of old Diving Weights a few years ago .....Ya just never know what yer gonna drag home from a garage sale.
Last week I bought two really nice old Coleman gas camp stoves , two burners, got em both for $3.00.....still got gas in the tanks ! I have a Lee bottom pour pot , but I can use another couple stoves, just incase my other two quit for some reason....... "PJ"