PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the dia. Of a mold

BOOM BOOM
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
HI,
As we all know we can increase the dia. of a mold by Beageling , but this results in out of round bullets, One hopes to square them up in the sizing process.
Also we can lap the moud, tedious, start/stop, repeat process till you get the dia. boolit you need.

HERE IS A NEW METHODE.

Well I have a NEI 358-160 GC MOLD that has been a PITA for me for 20 yrs. (boolits stick in the mold no matter what) & as I just got a ruger RH in 357 that needed .360 boolits. And as I had Leemented this mould to try & get it to work with no luck.

I took it to LEFTEYE for help.[smilie=w:
He cut a .360 reamer to just fit the driving bands, & then recut the mold by hand .
problem solved!!!!!!![smilie=w::bigsmyl2:
NONE OF THE ORIGINAL CAVITIES WERE ROUND , NONE OF THE ORIGINAL 4 CAVITIES WERE THE SAME, & NONE OF THE ORIGINAL 4 CAVITIES DRIVING BANDS WERE CUT THE SAME! IT LOOKED LIKE A DIFFERENT CUTTER WAS USED ON EACH CAVITY!!!!!!!!!! I STOOD THERE & WATCHED THIS PROCESS FROM THE 1ST TRAIL CUT ON THE 1ST CAVITY TILL THE MOLD WAS FIXED!

Now I have a good mold, that works as it was ment to!!!!!!!!!
It is bigger in dia. & fits my RH 357.

mroliver77
08-11-2010, 07:04 PM
No pics? I would like to see a pic of the reamer and get a little more info on his procedure. Very interesting indeed!
Jay

BOOM BOOM
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
HI,
Sorry, I do not have a digital camera, & I am such a dinosaure that I do not even Know how to post pictures.