PDA

View Full Version : Llama IX 45 ACP

crazy mark
08-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I was bad today. Coming back from Washington I just happened to see one of these that was non-import marked with 2 mags in a gun shop. Has the nice checked wood grips and the lanyard ring still attached. I was looking for a Rem model 81 in 35 Rem but didn't see one. Oh well everybody can use another 45 1911 clone. Mark

wiersy111
08-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Pictures pleeeaaaaassssssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy mark
08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Hopefully these post OK.

wiersy111
08-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Very nice!!!!
I have been looking for one of these in the chrome deluxe model.

HeavyMetal
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Nice pistol but I don't think 1911 parts are going to interchange, at least not many!

Had a buddy pick one of these up and getting a mag that fit or a barrel bushing to tighten up the front of the barrel slide area was very tough!

Finally got an oversized barrel bushing and got the fit tightened up and the old girl shot like a house afire!

Good score non the less

crazy mark
08-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Heavymetal,
I knew all about the parts. It came with 2 mags and I do know where I can get more if I want them but they are spendy. This one doesn't seem to be too loose and I need to shot it to find out.
I like oddball pistols anyway. Fits in good with my collection.

Nice pistol but I don't think 1911 parts are going to interchange, at least not many!

Had a buddy pick one of these up and getting a mag that fit or a barrel bushing to tighten up the front of the barrel slide area was very tough!

Finally got an oversized barrel bushing and got the fit tightened up and the old girl shot like a house afire!

Good score non the less

HeavyMetal
08-12-2010, 11:17 PM
If you know where to get mags and can bear the bite on price buy at least one more!

Back in the day my bud couldn't find a single one for sale.

But that was before the "net" blessed us and Llama hadn't re introduced the IX.

Other than that it was a good pistol and we shot the snot out of it. As long as the ammo was well made it never failed to function and was as accurate as any series 70 Colt