PDA

View Full Version : RCBS lube a matic

shootinxd
08-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Just purchased a RCBS lube/sizer(got tired of LLA mess).I will be using it to size and lube 40cal.Any body using Lymans moly lube with this combo?Or any other suggestions on lube type.In the winter it gets pretty dang cold out in the garage even with the heater running.

fryboy
08-08-2010, 03:19 PM
tho messy i like lyman's moly or at least the results but that mess part still gets me ,some of my best home brew had the end of the moly in it ( what i managed to melt out of the lubrasizer anyways ( ummm one just like ur's ) as for heat .... many things work from a iron on a piece of aluminum to a hair dryer ( used that for years with mine ) to a light bulb in a clamp lamp , i confess i never used it in the 40 however , in fact i never loaded the 40 with anything but lee's 170-ish( 178 from my alloy ) and i've had it only for a few months , i havent tried it with my current concoction yet ( tentatively named " ikki stikki lube " ) but the rooster zambini i have used has been so far so good

buck1
08-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Of the lubes you can buy at the store It the one I would get. Lars lube gets a lot of good feed back.

Box13
08-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a lam II and Lars stuff works very well for me.Ive settled on BAC because of how it works in the luber and on the boolits.And the price is about the best around...Robin

RobS
08-08-2010, 05:27 PM
For the price White Label Lubes or LARS is hard to beat for the price...........the lubes are also very good and customer service is top notch.

wallenba
08-08-2010, 05:36 PM
I tried it. I found it a bit messy, and fired indoors with large caliber low velocity rounds, was very smokey and stunk a bit. I went back to Orange Magic. I think Lars Red would be better but I still have some OM to burn up.

geargnasher
08-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Lar's BAC for target loads, Carnauba Red for full-house stuff. The .40 actually builds enough pressure to operate correctly with C. Red at the upper end.

Gear

shootinxd
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
geargnasher,I will be using it in 3 gun competition which are kinda light for 175grn 40 cal.suggestions?

BSkerj
08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
+1 on using BAC in your RCBS. I have not used it yet in the winter but according to Lars no heater is needed...I will take his word for it since I only live a couple of miles from him and he has used it in our Idaho winters.

Doby45
08-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I assure you it does NOT require heat. I use a blend of 50/50 Carnuba Red and BAC and I don't heat, so BAC by itself would be even softer and easier to use with no heat.

Recluse
08-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I assure you it does NOT require heat. I use a blend of 50/50 Carnuba Red and BAC and I don't heat, so BAC by itself would be even softer and easier to use with no heat.

Yep, and that is the combination I'd use if I were loading for three-gun matches.

I'd also splurge and buy or make a heater for the LAM. I cut the bottom out of a cookie sheet and mounted my Lyman 45 over it. At the end of the cookie sheet, I place a cheap $12 Walmart iron. Turn it on, even on the coldest of winter days (a joke here in Texas :)), and within an hour, I'm good to go.

But back to original topic, I'd go with the blending of BAC and CR.

:coffee: