PDA

View Full Version : Its all Cast Boolits Fault!

Lonerider
08-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I was minding my own buisness, happy content, enjoying life!:-P

Box bullets were just fine, life was good. Then on another forum, I ran accross a post from BABore. Life has not been the same!:groner:

I am still a baby caster and still in that goofey stage.

Thanks to a friend here on CB, I have casted a couple times with reclaim range lead. I have not smelted or cast ww yet.

Well here is what happen as I posted on Marlinowners ( a great group of folks)!!!

I road my mtn bike to Hardin, MT from the Battlefield (I am doing a summer internship) and back this morning. About 38 miles round trip. Picked up my mail and stopped at a local ranch/farm/tire store. Just wanted to see if they had any ww's that they would like to find home for. Just for information only.

Well, I was taken to the back of the shop, and low and behold....a bucket of about 40 lbs. of clean ww's!.....

Now what do I do....ride back to the battlefield and borrow a vehicle (truck is in shop)?......weights were on a first come first basis.....

So after some thought, 30 seconds worth....I loaded the 40 lbs. of ww on my mtn bike, in the saddle bags/pantiers.....a do what any montana boy would have done.....I rode home!:holysheep

Down hills were great....up hills not so great! especially the last 1 1/2 of 8% grade.

Does this mean that casting boolits is addictive and subject to un-orthodox behavior? Do I need to get some professional help:-P

Sorry about the pics....taken from my cell.

Lonerider

Lonerider
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Poppings wheelies were easy!!!!

Lonerider

Ruckus Ralph
08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Good find... Nothing like hauling a little extra LEAD weight around..

45nut
08-06-2010, 05:47 PM
not my fault.

357maximum
08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
[smilie=2:CASTBOOLITS ...........makes you healthier........[smilie=2::-D

08-06-2010, 07:29 PM
There is not a breed of man who can overcome obstacles as quickly and with such genius as a boolit caster.

Charlie Two Tracks
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Very good Lonerider. I'm in the same boat you are. New to casting. I'd be out of luck without this site. The guys are patient and knowledgeable

Edubya
08-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I guess that you could blame it on Bush too. I mean hell, everything from the economy to hurricanes and oil spillage is blamed on him. It just ain't human nature to accept responsibilities.:)

EW

lwknight
08-06-2010, 09:43 PM
CArrying wheel weights on a bicycle. I think your sick.
You need professional help.
If you find a professional that can help , let us know.
There are several thousand others that need help too.

Muddy Creek Sam
08-06-2010, 09:48 PM
When it starts hitting you hard, you will need a bigger vehicle.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22909&d=1276634177

Sam :D

No_1
08-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I tried to think of something funny to say but the only thing that comes to mind is: You are slam eat up with the sickness.

Best get a bigger bike my friend.

No_1
08-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Damn Sam. That must be light weight lead. The trailer is leaning the wrong way considering the position of the lead. Does that crane help with lifting 5 gallon buckets full of the gray gold?

Muddy Creek Sam
08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Robert,

That is right at 1500# Also had 15 32# cores in the bed of the truck. One Trip to the supplier.

skeet1
08-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Lonerider,
I'd say you've got it bad, real bad. Unfortunately there is no known cure.

Skeet1

crappiejig
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow,, And I thought I had it bad. LOL

BSkerj
08-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Lonerider,
I ride my mtn bike 22 miles round trip about everyday to work and am scheduled to pickup WW on Mondays and Fridays from my tire stores. I am lucky though...I can use the company van and go pick them up in the mornings and drop them off at home. I can only imagine what uphills were like...my quads are killing me just thinking about it ! But on the other hand, if you ever race just think what you could do on the uphills !! What a training exercise !!

GP100man
08-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Looks perfectly normal to me !!!!

Old Goat Keeper
08-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Perfessional help LoneRider??? You done found it here at Cast boolits Forum!

Tom

RP
08-07-2010, 10:52 PM
well if you go back they will not forget the guy that loaded his bike down with lead I bet they told their wifes when they got home good story.

clodhopper
08-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey Lonerider,
You need one them there bike trailers.
I always thought the Lonerider was one them horse fellas!
You know cowboys milk cows, and horse fellas are always rideing horses and chasing cows.
Good casting with your stash. Call if you need help 570 and the year Abe Lincon died.
New mould here, 45 cal 200 grain 6 cavity since you have been over.

Lonerider
08-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey Clodhopper, good to hear from ya! Nah, my horse took one look at those weights and said ...'not me'! ....and high tailed to the next county! The bike was back up.

Will be back in Bozone, MT at end of the month. Wont have my Taurus PT 1911, until then. Be intersted in looking at that mould of yours. I will be ordering the 462-465 GC mold from BABore also.

the bike trailer may be a better options.....Just think.......I could load up 1 may 200 lbs. of wheel weights!!!!

Lets see....1. bigger bike, 2. fatter tires, 3. a bike trailer, 4. better yet a bike trailer that dumps, 5. more wheel weights, 6. .....faster horses, younger woman, more beer.....and ICEY Hot......

Lonerider

a.squibload
08-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Yes, addictive.
No, pro help not necessary, you now have a "support group"!

My last score (purchase) was the same way, I happened to be close, didn't really know if they had lead,
stopped just to check,...
couldn't pass up what they had.

'Course I threw it in the trunk.

Friend of mine does the 100 mile trips in the mountains.
I don't know how you guys do that. My bike has a motor.

clodhopper
08-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Just think, comming home to Bozeman on your bike...Four sweaty hours in first gear pumping up bozeman pass pulling a bike trailer full of wheelweights.
Then zooming into town at 90 MPH!

myg30
08-09-2010, 09:54 PM
It gets worse, believe me ! It gets much worse !

Enjoy it !

Mike

Lonerider
08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
How do I stop!

Lonerider

kbstenberg
08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Only when you reach your final resting spot will it end.

myg30
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Please don't tell us they shoot factory ammo
"up there". Heaven "is" castin n reloading!!!

gray wolf
08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Now this whole garsh darn thread just makes me smile.
I think if we all ever got together we would bring the house down EH.

Sam

clodhopper
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
If you wanted to stop. one of those haystacks at Ft. Ellis might make a soft landing. But you need to hit it sidways to keep from being crushed by the trailer full of wheelweights.

Lonerider
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe I can put my feet down, like the Flinstones? Of course, I probally better have steel on the bottom of my shoes.

You mean there is no bullet casting in Heaven? Well, I don't want to go then. At least in hell, the temp. would be hot enough already, to cast with.

I need some more therapy, maybe I will ride my mtn. bike tomorrow and see if I can top 40#.

Need to get in shape, Bzmn is a long ways away. Better start this weekend so I get home before school starts at the end of the month. Especially if I am pulling a bike trailer with 200# of ww's.

Where did that horse go???

Lonerider

Echo
08-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Only when you reach your final resting spot will it end.

I don't think so. I heard St. Peter is a caster and shooter, so we will be in good company (pun intended).

Dale53
08-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Lonerider;

GOOD ON YOU!!!

I can still remember, many years ago, a friend ran a printing company. He changed over to modern printing methods and had a couple of tons of linotype to get rid of. He told me to come help myself. I could have as much as I was willing to take away. I kept putting it off (had to borrow a pick up truck, was short on time, you know the excuses). Well, I delayed just too long - he traded the pile of linotype for a good used truck for the business.

That has been YEARS and I nearly BLEED every time I think of it! You did the right thing. I guarantee it would NOT have been there when you returned.

Dale53

Lonerider
08-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks Dale, I kinda thought that too. I am begining to learn, when oppurtunity presents itself, better take it. Not likely to come around again.

I was a little nervous though, I could just see myself having a 'blow out' heading down hill, with 40#'s of weights. And, I did not know if I had the energy at 52 years old or even if I wanted too.

Clodhopper suggested a bike a trailer.....maybe a tilt dump.....

I'm thinking a moped now. :)

Besides if I riding my mtn. bike pulling a bike trailer full of weights, how do I stop, if the bike starts running away with me? :)

Lonerider

Boondocker
08-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I gotta ask this. Do you go faster and easier once you Get the lead out lmao.

82nd airborne
08-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I guess that you could blame it on Bush too. I mean hell, everything from the economy to hurricanes and oil spillage is blamed on him. It just ain't human nature to accept responsibilities.:)

EW

hahahaha wasnt he the leader of the nazi party, i thought i heard the current pres mention something about that.

qajaq59
08-14-2010, 03:02 PM
When you said mountian bike I assumed a motorcycle.....

Man, you just have to be YOUNG!!!!!!!!

Lonerider
08-14-2010, 06:01 PM
...........Man, you just have to be YOUNG!!!!!!!!

Nah....I was around when some of my cavemen buddies were using T-rex's toothe cavites for smelting pots and his hollow out toe nails for dippers.

Took a little longer digging out the lead in its natural state, though.

Our 45-70 guide gun bullets were much bigger back then......Had too, T-rex was a pretty big boy.

Lonerider

shdwlkr
08-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Lonerider
Yes you have the early symptoms of a very dangerous disease and in order to begin the cure you need to send me all of your lead so we can begin the detoxification of your body quickly before the disease gets out of control.
You will be glad that you let and old man like me deal with the disease as I will not be living more than another 20-40 years and will be racked with all kinds of silliness like actions when working with lead and be shooting way to much and laughter like a drunk when the right load combination does what I want it to
now very quickly before you think to much about it pm me so we can begin the detoxification process and get that nasty lead and casting equipment out of your life.

geargnasher
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
HA! We got another one hopelessly hooked! SUCKER! :kidding:

As for professonal help, as has been said, there's a lot of it to be found here. Unfortunately, there is no known cure, even our member Wayne the Shrink is an addict!

Gear

Lonerider
08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
:0, ;), :0!!!

Lonerider

qajaq59
08-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Ahhh come on. There's nothing wrong with bullet casters. Doesn't everyone have a garage filled with piles of lead? And I'm sure everyone has a different shape mold for each alloy like I do?

Yeah, sure they do. And it's perfectly normal.....Isn't it???

cr17
08-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Lonerider: You know they make panniers for the front wehell too - you're only had half a load!

qajaq59
08-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Lonerider: You know they make panniers for the front wehell too - you're only had half a load! Next time he can bring pliers and attach about 10 wheel weights to each spoke on the wheels too. If we work at it we can get his load up to at least 150 lbs........ Then we'll see how he does on the hills. [smilie=l:

Lonerider
08-15-2010, 07:06 PM
You guys are a lot of help!!!!:veryconfu:p:p:groner::groner:

Lonerider
08-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't forget stuffing them inside the handle bar tubes! ;) Maybe we could get it to 175# with out the bike trailer?

Lonerider

qajaq59
08-15-2010, 07:21 PM
How about inside the tires??? There'd be lots of room in there! That should get you up to 200# easily. I just don't want to be in your way on the down hill run.

Muddy Creek Sam
08-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Pull the seat and fill the tubes. Don't forget to put the seat back on.:shock:

Lonerider
08-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I gotta ask this. Do you go faster and easier once you Get the lead out lmao.

Boonedocker....I do not know what Imao means?

If you are asking if I can go a little faster after I get the lead out of my rear? Yep, almost the speed of sound!

after I engage gas tubes.

Lonerider

a.squibload
08-16-2010, 03:53 AM
In My Authoritative Opinion?

Actually it's a lower-case L, "Laughing My Butt Off". No, wait a minute, that's not right...