PDA

View Full Version : Lowall firing pin

Deputy Dog
08-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I have a original low wall receiver the firing pin is missing the pin. It was a 22 rimfire I want to re barrel it back to a rimfire. I was told the original firing pin was a two piece pin I cant find one for sale or specs to build it does anyone in boolit land have any ideas:cry:

Little Doc
08-06-2010, 12:00 AM
i got one a couple years ago from ballard. they were in cody, wy at that time. they have moved to michigan i think. they have a web site. google it. good luck
m

Le Loup Solitaire
08-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Two places to check out; Gun Parts Corp*formerly Numerich) West Hurley, NY...they are on line.... and Buckinghams---somewhere in Tennessee or Mississippi .....specializes in Winchesters and has lots of parts. He advertises in Shotgun News and is well known in the gun collecting community. LLS

skeettx
08-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Maybe this will assist

http://www.ballardarms.com/

Enjoy the day
Mike

Pavogrande
08-08-2010, 11:57 PM
The hi-wall/lo-wall firing pins would be a challenge to make - The pin itself is round (flat point on rim fire) but has a 'tang" on it that fits a slot in the breech block and also serves as a cam -- I would buy one if possible, myself.
I would be willing to tear mine out and measure and sketch it for you.
I think it would be easiest to silver solder a "tang" to round stock.
my ha-penny

Deputy Dog
08-13-2010, 10:31 PM
pavo I have the body part of the fireing pin less the pin I could drill it and use a drill rod for the pin but now im thinking to go to center fire and chamber it in 22 hornet

Pavogrande
08-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Wisner's parts drawings handbook shows three different nose (pin) configutations for the center fire pin --
Having the body of the pin is a blessing --
if you do not have access to a wisners give me a pm and I will copy the page for you --