PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Boxes on the cheap.

Just Duke
08-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Had some scraps left over from the tool cabinets we made from Baltic Birch.
Sealed, sanded and 2 part laquered.
Pictured are 500 grain S&W's that get double stacked in the taller boxes post adding cardboard spacers.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/LEVERACTIONSHOOTERS/BULLETBOXES1.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/LEVERACTIONSHOOTERS/BULLETBOXES2.jpg

Doc Highwall
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Duke, that Baltic birch is nice to work with that is what I used when I made cabinets for my reloading bench.

PatMarlin
08-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Boxes look nice Duke. I need to make my own machined parts boxes. I've been using gallon milk cartons cut out on the side.

One abundant native wood we have here is several species of pines. I mill up and use the blued and buggied old growth. Makes awesome looking cabinet wood.

George Tucker
08-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Very nice indeed, George.

steg
08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Good looking boxes, congrats on your ingenuity, and ability, Looks like a good project for me this winter, thanks for posting, whish I could, but I'm too dumb to figure out how, so far Iv'e been able to take pics and e-mail them to my puter, sorry not trying to hijack the thread, I just tend to ramble on at times.....steg

Wally
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I use old candy boxes...they work surprisingly well. When they get gunked up too much, no problem replaciing with a new one. They stack very nicely as well.

Blammer
08-10-2010, 08:15 PM
WOW! that is impressive. Now you just need to make a box dollie they can fit in so you can roll them around!

frankenfab
08-10-2010, 09:40 PM
WOW! that is impressive. Now you just need to make a box dollie they can fit in so you can roll them around!

YUP! Reminds me of the U.S. Mint, with more class!

home in oz
08-13-2010, 03:29 AM
Those look nice.

Good Craftsmanship, which is a dying art in todays mass culture.

PatMarlin
08-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Those look nice.

Good Craftsmanship, which is a dying art in todays mass culture.

I remember thinking to myself back in the late 70's when they started shutting down and closing Industrial Arts shop classes in schools in California, and then Gov George Dukemashion (sp) proclaimed "We are going to be the state of the 3 R's in education".

Right then I knew California was headed to hell. Our schools in Sacramento had extremely talented shop teachers, the finest American made machinery, and staff who kept the grounds spotless and buildings in top condition.

Now there are no classes, but gum, trash, filth and graffiti, and buildings falling apart with record dropouts. This is what happens when liberalism is in control and so goes the nation.

Rant over.

10 ga
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Ditto Pat, Even here in Virginia it's the same. Now we even have rural counties with only one school and no agriculture program. 10 ga

Just Duke
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks guy I just need to make cardboard ammo boxes now.