PDA

View Full Version : ways to lube and size

kennisondan
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Howdy : I thought there was a single stage die sort of option to lube with or size with ... but did not locate it right off.. it is likely just a sizer
I am aware how to pan lube at this point.
thanks for any information.
dk

Casting Timmy
08-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Lubrisizers will size and lube a bullet in one set, but can also just lube if you use a die bigger than the bullet.

I believe that Lee makes a push through sizer, but it can't apply lube. You have to either tumble lube them or do something else before or after sizing.

Hope this helps

mdi
08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Mebby you're thinking about the Lee sizing dies (push through). Sizes only.

Tom W.
08-04-2010, 09:18 PM
If you have to you can apply lube to the boolit with your fingers and then run the boolit through a Lee push through sizer. Messy but it works. There are a few people here that will make you a custom sizer...

randyrat
08-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Lee makes a push through die, screws into your regular reloading press ( link is on top of this page) buy through someone like Grafs and sons and it will be cheaper. Also our Buckshot right here makes them, good quality, good price..

There are Lubrasizers of different manufatures they size and lube, mo money than a push through sizer.

With a simple push through you can add many different lubes many different ways. such as, Johnson paste wax, beeswax + a thousand differnt additives to make your own tumble lube.
I hope that answers your question.
Randy

Thecyberguy
08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Hey Randyrat...where does one find what Buckshot has to sell?
Thanks and have a good 'un, Guy

Doby45
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Your best bet with Buckshot is to simply send him a PM asking about what you would like.

randyrat
08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Go to the top of this page and click members list, go the Bs and look for Buckshot.
I believe he charges $26 for a push through sizer. they are right on the money for dimensions.

mold maker
08-07-2010, 05:55 AM
+1 for Buckshot. He does great work at a reasonable price. He can make one for any size ya need.
He made me a push through to take the Glock (guppy belly) shape out of .40 brass before Lee thought it was a good idea.

miestro_jerry
08-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I use a Star Luber Sizer, the bullets just push thru and they are ready to load.

Jerry