PDA

View Full Version : The Liberty Bell

DCP
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Thank GOD for David Hall and men and women like these.

I cant watch this with out a tears coming to my eyes

[http://mliberalguy.blogspot.com/2009/11/proclaim-liberty-ring-liberty-bell.html

Thank GOD for the fallen and those that honor them

May they
Vaya con Dios

Hardcast416taylor
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
All I got was this is unavailable.Robert

theperfessor
08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I watched this and had the same reaction. I wonder if he pays for all his gas and so forth all by himself.

I wonder if any of our Texas members know him or could find out. Maybe we could help out. I'd be honored to fund a tank of gas for this guy to help his mission. Maybe others here feel the same.

What say you all?

DCP
08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Works now

All I got was this is unavailable.Robert

Echo
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
+1, perfesser.

BarryinIN
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
That was moving.

DCP
08-06-2010, 07:47 AM
theperfessor

Thanks for your thread on the Patriot Guard
Doesn’t look like many are going to step up or even chime in for that matter.

There are a lot of good people here. Economic times must have hit hard.

Thanks again count me in

Vaya con Dios

I watched this and had the same reaction. I wonder if he pays for all his gas and so forth all by himself.

I wonder if any of our Texas members know him or could find out. Maybe we could help out. I'd be honored to fund a tank of gas for this guy to help his mission. Maybe others here feel the same.

What say you all?

44fanatic
08-06-2010, 08:29 AM
touching post. Hard to find words when things hit pretty close to home.

DIRT Farmer
08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I waited 10 minuites and it was still loading. Some of only have dial up avatable, so vidios aren't realy avatible to us.

smoked turkey
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the reminder that we have people who have paid the ultimate cost for us to do what we do and that there are still some who ring the bell for freedom. You bet I'll be in for a donation if someone will honcho the deal.

theperfessor
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I pmed Recluse, our "ill tempered Texan", and he said he didn't know the guy but got the impression that he was just doing what he thought was right without seeking a lot of publicity.

Isn't that the way the really good folks operate? I'd still like to contact the guy and offer what little help I can. I may try to contact the TV station to see if they could get a message to him.

I'd be glad to honcho something if needed, but only if he wants help. Some people who do things like this feel it is a matter of personal honor and wish to stay private and just do the right thing alone, which I understand and respect fully.

DCP
08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Here you go a contact place to start with

bell@proclaimliberty.us

The web site
http://www.proclaimliberty.us/wordpress/

I pmed Recluse, our "ill tempered Texan", and he said he didn't know the guy but got the impression that he was just doing what he thought was right without seeking a lot of publicity.

Isn't that the way the really good folks operate? I'd still like to contact the guy and offer what little help I can. I may try to contact the TV station to see if they could get a message to him.

I'd be glad to honcho something if needed, but only if he wants help. Some people who do things like this feel it is a matter of personal honor and wish to stay private and just do the right thing alone, which I understand and respect fully.

theperfessor
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I just sent an email to Mr Hall at the address listed on his site. I will post his reply here.

smoked turkey
08-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks perfessor for keeping us informed on this. Yes some of the best people aren't looking for the lime light. They just do the right things for all the right reasons. The world needs more of em.

MakeMineA10mm
08-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks for posting that Rick. Hadn't seen it before. Impressive.

theperfessor
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
So far no reply. Checked site and could not find any way to make donation.

If I ever get a reply I will post it.

82nd airborne
08-16-2010, 11:50 AM
when you get tired of trying to contact them let me know, and ill take a turn over perfessor

Jim_Fleming
08-21-2010, 08:01 PM
perfessor, I would be DEEPLY HONORED if I could be allowed to assist with that tank of fuel... Damn I can't read what i'm writing... damn screen keeps fogging up with mist...

I served for 33 years and I'm alive, but for some bloody damn fool reason I don't think I've done enough...

Might I be permitted, Sir, to assist...? To be honest I've not read the thread to completion... I don't need to. I want to help.

MSgt. James A. Fleming USAF Reserve (Retired)

What say you all?

theperfessor
08-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Jim - I can appreciate your feelings and I'd like to thank you for your service. Few would think you owed more and your desire to give more is much admired. For the record I went to the listed website and could find no place to make a donation. I used the email address to write the guy expressing the willingness of myself and others here to make a financial contribution to support his efforts. I have not gotten a reply at this time so I am somewhat at a loss of what to do next.

I want to respect his self-appointed mission by not butting in if that is what he wants. He may have enough means and other support to do this and doesn't want to turn things into a more commercial operation. I don't mean that in any sort of negative way, just that if he's accomplishing his mission he may not want to mess with the extra issues involved with accepting money from all over, having to (maybe) file for charitable/nonprofit tax status, etc.

If anyone else wants to send him an email the link is on his site. I would encourage folks to do this just to tell him he is doing a good thing and is much respected for this.

If I ever get a reply I will share it here.

Jim_Fleming
08-21-2010, 10:33 PM
perfesser, acknowledged... and thank you...

I don't mean to be terse to the point of being offensive, but I think you know my heart is breaking, and that's exactly all I'm going to have to say about my feelings...