PDA

View Full Version : S&w #4 38sw

JSH
08-03-2010, 08:12 AM
I need a few odds and ends parts. I have not checked with Numrich to see what they have yet. I would just as soon give my $ to one of you here. If this description or lable doesn't sound right I will try to do better.

hammer fly
hand
joint pivot scre
main spring
sear spring
stock screw
stirrup
trigger spring
all the frame pins

I was given this by a feind that has had it as a project for some time and never finished it. It has been reblued at some time. It locks up real nice compared to others I have looked at over the years. I made mention of wanting a pocket pistol or tackle box gun as I gave my old .22rf clunker away after it refused to work DA. Pot metal is not a good frame alloy,lol.
This is still way better that I had really wanted for an accidental "drop in the pond" gun. I ran across a couple of old IJ top break 22's a week back. The looked like heck, as I wanted, but they were REAL loose.
I figure a round ball of .360ish and 1-2 grains of BE should work fine for plinking and turtle dispatching.
Any of you gents have ANY kind of tips on these old rascals I am all ears. Damn things are so ugly they are cute.
jeff

KYCaster
08-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I was given this by a feind... I don't mean to sound like a spelling nazi, but shouldn't that be FIEND. :mrgreen:
Sorry, it just reminded me of a scene from Rocky and Bullwinkle when Boris tries to steal the R and S.

I figure a round ball of .360ish and 1-2 grains of BE should work fine for plinking and turtle dispatching.
And that reminds me of an afternoon at a little back-water eddy on the Green River near Morgantown involving my younger brother, my son and I, a 22 Hornet and a couple dozen little mud turtles.
jeff

Sounds like a labor of love. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks for the memories.
Jerry