PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot Silhouettes in Wyoming

six_gun
08-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I am seriously thinking of moving to the Rock Springs, Green River area of Wyoming. I shoot NRA Hunter Pistol and NRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette. Are there any clubs in that area or am I going to have to drive to Boise every time I need a fix.

Sixgun

jcunclejoe
09-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't know about any NRA events but you might contact Jim and see if anything is going on. I hope this helps.
Joe

CHEYENNE R&P CLUB, CHEYENNE
JIM TOLBERT
307-778-7780
tolbert649@bresnan.net

scrapcan
02-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Here are a couple of contacts from BPCR that have matches in Wyoming. Kenny Wasserberger is a member here also he had a post not to long ago about a buffalo hunt.

Heart Mountain Rod & Gun Club
Powell, Wyoming
Bob Smith, (307) 754-9492

Wyoming Territory Long Range Championship
Lusk, WY (Wasserburger Ranch 42 mi N of Lusk)
Kenny Wasserburger, (307) 687-0080

here is another link that has some info on wyoming BPCR shoots.

http://www.blackpowderspg.com/match.html

You may not be interested in BPCR but if you ask these guys they will probably know about shooting opportunities in their area.

In the Cheyenne area you can also take a loook at the Cheyenne regulators range. They do alot of different types of matches. The officers would probably know about matches or shooting opportunities in the Rock Springs Area.

http://www.cheyenneregulators.com/

If you don't ahve any luck finding information, let me know and I can see if I know anybody that could help you out. There coulc be good opportunies in South West Wyoming but I just don't know about them.

Marlin Junky
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
What's available in Johnson/Sheridan counties? Is the Cody Shooting Complex the closest?

MJ

scrapcan
02-20-2007, 12:58 AM
There are gun clubs in all three counties. I have not been to the one in Buffalo (Johnson Co.). Sheridan has the Sheridan Gun club, it is set out pretty good. They might have a website. Gillette has the Gillette Gun Club. Kenny Wasserberger should be able to fill you in on what may be happening in that neck of the woods. Try to send him a pm. I can also get you in contact with others in the Gillette area. Let me know.

Jeremy

Russ in WY
03-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Shud see some @ the new Archer Complex ,esat of Cheyenne.

jackley
03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
What's available in Johnson/Sheridan counties? Is the Cody Shooting Complex the closest?

MJ

There are 2 clubs in Buffalo. The Buffalo Trap and Skeet Club. They shoot trap and skeet and have a 100 and 200 yard ranges.

The Buffalo Gun club. They shoot silhouttes there I don't know much about it. But Pete at the Sports Lure in Buffalo would have all the info.
Jerry

Beerd
03-19-2008, 01:31 PM
So far everything seems to be 2 or 3 hundred miles east.
Anything the other direction, towards Utah?

scrapcan
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Beerd,

I will see some of my co-wprker who work in the South west next week , I will ask around.

Russ,

shoot me a pm sometime. I am in the cheyenne area. I wish they would get on with the Archer complex. From talking to several of the committe at the Friends of the NRA banquet, it sounds like they are getting along with the funding.

xr650
04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Are you folks looking for a shooting range or a range set up with steel targets?

Or are we just bumping an old post? :mrgreen: