PDA

View Full Version : Bear season is a go in New Jersey!!!

mikenbarb
08-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that New Jersey is having its Bear Season this year after numerous court battles with the Anti's. ITS ABOUT TIME WE WON!!!:grin::grin:
Watch for the next World Record Black bear coming from this state because we have some of the biggest Black Bears in the world recorded by Fish & Game and 2 were confirmed last year to be over over 700lbs in my zone. If anyone wants to hunt N.J. for the next possible world record black bear and wants to work a trade for another hunt please PM me. The requirements are you need to take a Bear Hunting seminar, Purchase a Non-Resident license and pay a $2.00 bear tag fee. You can look up the requirements and seminar dates on the N.J. Fish & Game website.

EMC45
08-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Good thing Corzine is gone right?......

jlchucker
08-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that New Jersey is having its Bear Season this year after numerous court battles with the Anti's. ITS ABOUT TIME WE WON!!!:grin::grin:
Watch for the next World Record Black bear coming from this state because we have some of the biggest Black Bears in the world recorded by Fish & Game and 2 were confirmed last year to be over over 700lbs in my zone. If anyone wants to hunt N.J. for the next possible world record black bear and wants to work a trade for another hunt please PM me. The requirements are you need to take a Bear Hunting seminar, Purchase a Non-Resident license and pay a $2.00 bear tag fee. You can look up the requirements and seminar dates on the N.J. Fish & Game website.

Didn't I read on the web a couple of years ago where some NJ woman's pet orange tomcat was sitting on his back porch, minding his own business, when a bear wandered onto his turf. The article, complete with a picture, said that the cat chased the bear up a tree, not once but twice! What kind of big bears do you guys have down there, anyway?

mikenbarb
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Their kitty cat bears.LOL.
Just had one kill a neighbors cow 2 nights ago. Its just a shame that we have a ANTI BEAR group thats trying to stop the hunt again. Sooner or later one of the bears are gonna kill someones kid.

John Boy
08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
A couple of good articles about our State bear issues ...
http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=3667
http://www.tnonline.com/node/121268

Bello
01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
omg jersey people!

10 ga
01-15-2011, 08:55 PM
"bear hunting seminar" ?, after 40 years of bear, deer, coon, bobcat, squirrel, coyote, elk, turkey, rabbit, duck, goose, on and on, hunting I don't need no stinkin seminar. Yeah, got a "Hunter Safety Instructor" with archery and muzzleloader certification too! 10

300winmag
01-16-2011, 01:40 PM
"bear hunting seminar" ?, after 40 years of bear, deer, coon, bobcat, squirrel, coyote, elk, turkey, rabbit, duck, goose, on and on, hunting I don't need no stinkin seminar. Yeah, got a "Hunter Safety Instructor" with archery and muzzleloader certification too! 10

10 ga I believe you said it all, I am with you all the way.
the one's that need the DA*m seminars is the politicians that does not no which end the trigger is on, or what a bear even looks like.
300winmag

Hickory
01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
I've always wanted to go black bear hunting, and I'd like to do it with a handgun.
But going to New Jersey or Canada with a handgun and getting caught, would be a lot like getting caught passing out bags of ice in Hell.