PDA

View Full Version : Almost got a Venture today

Brother_Love
07-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I went north to the big city today to check on my mom. While there I visited Bass Pro and 2 other gun shops. I had decided to purchased a new '06 today before I ever left home.

I am back home now without a new rifle:oops:. I looked a t Remington 700s, Savage 114 classic which are both fine rifles. One of the guys said, "ever seen one of these?" as he handed me a T/C Venture. I had seen articles and ads but not the rifle.

As I opened the action I immediately noticed it opened as though it was slatthered with butter, smoooth as silk. It has a composite stock, what can you say about those? But what I like dmost was the detachable "IN LINE" mag. Every round is centered for loading. Do ask me why but that has always appealed to me. The 700 has a triangular barrel and the Savage had a nice walnut stock (still got a soft spot for blue/walnut):bigsmyl2:.

I decided to come back home and do some research on the Venture before I hand him the plastic.

Malcolm

Jack Stanley
07-30-2010, 06:58 PM
You are not the only one with a soft spot for blued steel and walnut and while I don't own a Savage I have seen them do right well for themselves . The last Remington I bought hadone o' them com-po-zit stocks and a round barrel and one the action was bedded it ran real good too . Probably better than the Parkerized and walnut Remington police rifle I used to have which is sayin' something for it .

I haven't seen the T/C but I like the single stack idea ..... kinda reminds me of the 788 :wink: If ya like it dive in , you're after a huntin rifle not a bench gun anyway right ? My experience with T/C has been limited to a Contender 32-20 and a Renegade .54 , sold the pistol but the rifle still put them in there . Had a System One rifle they left me hanging with but for the most part my T/C experience has been good .

Jack