PDA

View Full Version : Do you operate your press or hold the cartridge with your dominate hand?

Centaur 1
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I just got a brand new workbench for fathers day. It's the one that's sold at Sam's club, 24" by 72" with a solid maple top that's almost 2" thick, and 3 sets of sturdy legs. The thing is built like a rock and I think that was a bargain at only $200. In the past I've always just had my press clamped in a vise that's mounted on a pedestal, and I operated it with both hands. I've been trying to decide which end to mount my loading press on. I've been using clamps to hold the press to the bench and I'm tired of banging my knee on the clamp. I really don't want to start drilling holes in the bench only to change my mind later. So what's the consensus, if you're right handed do you mount the press on the left, right or in the center?

Geraldo
07-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Center. With a single stage I use might right hand on the handle, left to move the case, add the boolit, etc. Using my 550B I use my left hand to add a boolit, right to put in a case and operate the handle. Either way I like space on both sides of the press. What I really like (unsolicited testimonial) is my PatMarlin Rockdock. If you get more than one press, you only drill one set of holes.

PS-Pat really did not pay me to say that, although he probably should :p

AZ-Stew
07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Which press? I have six tools (including casting pot and lube/sizer) mounted all along the front of my bench.

Regards,

Stew

Bill*
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I just dropped it in the middle. To be honest, I didn't give it much thought. But as a southpaw, I operate press with my left, keep components on right and put finished ammo on left. It works for me :mrgreen:

Mk42gunner
07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
It depends on the press. The RCBS rockchucker is set up with the handle on the right, most feeding is done with the left hand. If I am using my old Pacific Super C, I feed cases with the left, remove them and operate the handle with the right hand.

For processing pistol cases that don't take a lot of effort to resize, I really like using a C type press that I can get both hands into.

While I have the Rockchucker solidly bolted to the bench, all the othe presses that I have, including the lubamatic are mounted to short 2x6's that I mount to the bench with 2 1/2" deck screws; not as awkward as using c clamps, and solid enogh for the job at hand. It does leave a few small holes in the bench top, but mine is made from scrap 2x6's that were used for blocking and bracing ammo pallets anyway.

I like plenty of space on both sides of the press.

Robert

Centaur 1
07-29-2010, 08:50 PM
My press is an RCBS JR2. Until I read Roberts post I hadn't given much thought to rifle cartridges. I mostly load for pistol calibers, .38, 9mm and .380, but I also load for my 30-30 and my 30-06. Full length resizing will probably be easier with my right arm operating the press, and with the pistol rounds I get into a rhythm loading the press with my right. I really like the idea of bolting the press to a 2x6 and I can live with the deck screw holes, I just didn't want to drill a couple of 1/2" holes for bolting the press only to move it. I also didn't want to have the press in the center of the bench because it would get in the way of other projects, but I can just run the deck screws in and out with my cordless drill in no time. Thanks for the great ideas. :drinks:

Mike

07-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm left-handed. My first press was a Lee Challenger, which is not set up for lefties, with the opening being angled back and away to the right. Consequently, I learned to operate the press with my right hand. Now, I have a JR2 and a JR3 -- one on each side of where I sit -- and don't have any difficulty operating either of them.

101VooDoo
07-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm right handed and my LNL is on the far right side of a bench - right hand stays on the handle, left hand is getting case, then boolit. This frees up most of the bench for other stuff and leaves plenty of room where you need it to feed the press.

On the other hand (sorry, couldn't resist) I've got an old rock chucker that's on the far left side of a different bench (one like your father's day gift, except the costco version), as the middle and right side already were already used for other things.

Left it about a foot and half from the end of the bench though, so there'd be room for consumables in reach of the left hand.

Thinking seriously about getting one of Pat's Rock Docks; figure it would solve several space problems.

Jim

geargnasher
07-30-2010, 02:16 AM
I'm left-handed, too. Been dealing with a right-handed world for 35 years and consider myself functionally ambidexterous. That being said, all power motions performed with non-dominant arm/hand when possible (operating press handle), all dexterous motions (handling boolits, primers, etc.) performed with dominant hand. You'll have to make the call with your own equipment, but no matter how you do it, you can get used to anything in time.

Gear

stephen perry
07-30-2010, 05:55 AM
I also have several presses. My RCBS Rockchucker at my sit down loading bench is mounted on my right side. On my left side I have a CH C press. I have several presses mounted at my stand up bench a CH H press, a Lyman turret, a Lyman Grand American shot gun press, and a MEC Grabber. On my bullet making cube I have 2 Rockchucker presses and a A2 press. My Lyman 45 and 450 are mounted on my cube.

If right handed try the center and right side positions. If only one choice I would go with the right side mounting of a press.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

lurch
07-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I go with the press on the right, but I'm a little different. My dominant hand depends on what I' doing. If I'm writing, eating, or doing something that requires dexterity, I'm generally left handed. Anything that requires strength as the primary driver I go right handed. I shoot right handed (glad I turned out that way as the world for lefties there can be frustrating at times).

jmorris
07-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I have them all across my benches. 1050s and 650s with bullet and case feeders you just crank the handle strong hand. 550’s and SD’s you insert case and stroke handle right hand and feed brass left. The LNL you insert case left and bullet right or left and stroke with the one that is free.

RayinNH
07-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm like geargnasher, left handed. I have two presses, one in the middle and one on the right. Lube press gets C clamped to bench. The operating handle is pulled with the right hand, and all other functions are done with the left hand...Ray

sargenv
07-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I have my Dillon 650 mounted on the left side of my bench and my Rock Chucker is mounted in the center. The Rock chucker is now working as a dedicated Swaging press. The 650 as my loading press. If I need to do some basic loading, I have another press, an older Herter's, in my casting shed. So far I've not had to do this since all of the calibers I shoot are loaded on the 650. Though now I need to get a 308 conversion kit since the R/C was the only one I loaded that caliber on. Which reminds me, RCBS never did replace my bad ram for the R/C that I messed up while swaging on.. :)

2wheelDuke
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm left-handed, too. Been dealing with a right-handed world for 35 years and consider myself functionally ambidexterous. That being said, all power motions performed with non-dominant arm/hand when possible (operating press handle), all dexterous motions (handling boolits, primers, etc.) performed with dominant hand. You'll have to make the call with your own equipment, but no matter how you do it, you can get used to anything in time.

Gear

I'm the same way. My left has better dexterity and my right has better strength. My Dad's bench is laid out for him as a righty, and I'll usually just operate his right-handed.

I have my press set up towards the right end of my bench. I usually feed cases in with my left, and operate the ram with my right. Then I'll index the turret with my right while I reach for the next one.

cajun shooter
07-30-2010, 12:05 PM
I mount my press just a little right of center. I am RH and it is a Dillon 550B with all attachments. It is the only tool that is mounted on my bench. My lube/sizers, Lee Classic Turrent, Mec Sizemaster, Powder measure stands and any other tool are mounted on 2x6 pieces of wood. I am able to mount them where needed on my bench with c-clamps. You can find different sizes of c-clamps and don't need huge ones to hold most tools plenty stable. This type of set up allows a bench top that can handle many chores and keeps you from working around tools that are not being used.

Centaur 1
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Gear

A lot of great responses, and I see that most guys are doing things differently depending on the situation. Luckily reloading isn't as as sensitive to hand dominance as writing or throwing a ball. Geargnasher, your way of thinking is a lot like mine, I figure that loading a case and placing a bullet in it is easier with my right hand. It doesn't take much dexterity to pull a handle. The main reason that this question came up was a friend of mine came over and when he saw my setup he asked me why I put my press on the left. The way he said it made me think that I was the only one doing it this way.

MtGun44
07-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Can'tfigure out the questions??

8 or 9 machines, all operated with stong hand, secondary (case & boolit) operations
with weak hand.

Bill

Doby45
07-30-2010, 03:55 PM
I am in the same exact boat as Gearnasher. Write, eat, bat, throw, shoot bow and other things left handed. Shoot handgun and long gun right handed.

RayinNH
07-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Doby, I'm like you, however I shoot a handgun right handed, long gun left handed.

Heck, I'd give my right hand to be truly ambidextrous [smilie=l:...Ray

Centaur 1
07-31-2010, 12:22 AM

Am I the only one who caught this? :veryconfu :shock: :veryconfu :shock: :veryconfu
That's just messed up. :-D

Heckler
07-31-2010, 01:19 AM
My press is the only thing permanently fixed to my bench. I like to have everything else removable -- whether by clamp or easily removable bolts. I'm right handed and put the press as far to the right as possible in order to leave space clear for other tasks. The way my Rock Chucker Supreme is made, it caters only to being addressed from the left side. I have always wondered what left handers do with a press like mine.

RayinNH
08-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Centaur, it's an aging crowd, not as quick on the uptake anymore :smile:...Ray

Centaur 1
08-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I just checked the poll and five people finally admitted to operating the press the same way that I've been, with my weak hand. I guess that it doesn't really matter as long as it works for you.

Btwiceborn
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Dillon 550b, operate ram with right hand.
have brass on right, boolits on left.
i stand on the left side of the press, and view the left side of it. this way i can see the primer in the primer bar, can see powder in the brass, and can see the boolit as the ram goes up.
i place brass with right hand, index machine with left, insert boolit with left.

Dframe
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Being ambidexterous I'm probably not the one to ask. But here goes. I load most ot the time on an ancient Lyman Spar-T press. components go from left to right. I operate the handle and remove the case with my right hand then place it on the bench. I feed the cases bullets and primers with my left hand. I do one operation at a time and run all cases through then return them to the left side of the press prepatory for the next operation, where they are again run through left to right.
None of this really matters since everyone develops their own routines that work for THEM.

Echo
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
+1 for Btwiceborn re Dillon. With RC, I use right (I can't say dominant, as I'm married) hand to operate ram and left to place and retrieve cases. Keep two Kool-Whip bowls on left, pulling raw case from one, returning processed case to other, until final charging and seating. Have My Ohaus Duo-measure mounted on a 1x4 that I C-clamp to left of RC, leaving space between. Pick up primed case, throw charge, set bullet/boolit on top place in RC, seat, place in Kool-Whip, iterate.

Char-Gar
08-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I mount my presses so there is space on both sides for stuff. I operate the press handle with my weak hand (right) and use my dominate/strong hand (left) to insert cases and stuff that requires more dexterity.

I never really gave it much concious thought. This is just the way I have done it for 50 plus years.

pls1911
08-04-2010, 05:31 PM
It depends on the press and specifically what I'm doing with which caliber...
In general, I'd say both hands, sometime simultaneously... in fact , with the Dilllon 550b, how can you not say both? That is, the high rate rythm is right-left-right-left... Shell - bullet - pull it - rotate..... Shell - bullet - pull it - rotate... works great for pistol rounds and small rifle rounds through .30-30.
Calibers with heavier brass are the same but much slower, and often I'll completely cycle one round at a time.

The 45-70 is slower still, because I pull the rounds into loading blocks (50 at a cycle) after the second stage (bell the mouth) and place into blocks for singular powder charge and dacron tuft insertion, then go back in at stage 3 ( bullet seat) and cycle through stage 4 (crimp).
Lots of monkey motion with those, but well worth it, and the Dillon tool head saves me from resetting dies between stages, the RCBS powder measure is easily reset for different powder charges, as is the seating die for various bullets.
My single stage presses are still used for low quantity high dollar specialty rounds... (.416 Remington, .416 Rigby), as well as all sorts of projects requiring a press of some sort.

Big Dave
08-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Have my equipment screwed or bolted down on both sides and one end of bench, (other end is against the wall) Use whichever hand is available to do what needs doing. Might have been as much as five years old the first time Dad said " Dammit boy ,you got two hands, use em!!!"
By the way I shoot either handed, Prefer lefty for long guns, righty for pistols. Though since I lost trigger finger tip a couple years ago pistols are easier lefty too. Really not much difference on two hand grip. Again Dads comments about the stupidity of having to turn around to take an offside shot rather than switching hands on the gun.

David2011
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Got 3 single stage presses and 3 different Dillons. All levers operated right/strong hand. Cartridges on the SDB and 550B loaded right hand. The XL650 only needs boolit feeding with the left hand and lever operation with the right. All single stage component handling is with the left hand. I played French Horn for many years which is mostly a left hand instrument so maybe that made using my left hand easier. Never much mattered to me which hand I used for most things but the right hand works way better for handwriting.

David

1hole
08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Better on one end or the center sorta depends on how large (long) the bench is. ??

snsbpb
08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
my press is set up on the left end of the bench. I operate the press with my left hand and hold the cartridge with my right hand. I am right handed.

Pressman
08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
It kind of depends. RCBS presses have the handle on the right side so they are run with the right hand. Pacific's and Herter's have the handle in the center and I tend to run them from the left. Though case sizing is best done with my right hand. Bullet seating with the left hand.
I have tried using a Savage with my left hand and could not get the hang of it. Even though the Savage is desigen for left or right hand operation.

Ken

STP22
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Lately I have a Dunbar on the extreme right, with my trusty Rock Chucker to it`s immediate left. On the far left is a 4 inch vise. Plenty of space in the middle to temporarily mount various lubesizers/trimmer, etc.

noylj
08-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Any press that requires me to use my right hand for any thing except pulling the handle is a press I just don't like. One reason why I just shake my head at a 550 or 650 without a case feed.
I think that, compared to those two presses, the Hornady L-N-L is head and shoulders above them, for me.
The only Dillon I whole-heartedly approve of is the 1050. Great press.

Von Gruff
08-18-2010, 01:25 AM
The poll dosent offer enough options. With more than a single press they are mounted where convenient to the work flow. Mine are permanently fixed and it depends on the operation and being right handed I mostly I operate the press with right hand and components with left

Von Gruff.

Adam10mm
08-26-2010, 10:07 AM
This explains my technique. I'm right handed. This is my setup.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/freakshow10mm/Ammo/Equipment/DSCN0030.jpg

runfiverun
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
i mount my mec's centered and do the shuffle, start out leftie then swap to rightie mid way through.
i seat primers left handed, but operate most presses rightie.
i generally swage with my left hand though.
and i hold my molds in my left hand when casting.

Mal Paso
08-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Heckler is right. I'd never given it a thought but RCBS made the decision for me. Even though you can switch the handle to the left, access from the right is limited. It's my first press so I had no preconceived notions. I looked at the workflow and put it on the right.

Ed K
09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Pretty impressed with the number of lefties here. At the risk of sounding like a broken record I too am for the most part ambidextrous. It is an inevitable byproduct of living in a right-handed world. Neither of my arms are noticeably stronger than the other. Pulling a press lever is no big deal. My left hand is still slightly more nimble than the right though: feed with left hand - ram right hand.

With all of the right-handed guns out there I'm thankful towards Sam Colt :)

Charlie Two Tracks
10-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I am left handed and have the turret press on the far right. Everything is fed or done with my left hand. I never gave it much thought when I set the system up. It just seemed right for me.

buyobuyo
10-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Gear

I'm a lefty too, and work my press this same way. Run the handle with my right and pick/place components with my left.

As for equipment placement, it all comes down to personal preference and space available. I prefer to have space available on either side and behind the press for placement of components, finished rounds, and tools. I would consider 12" as the minimum space between pieces of equipment.

RP
10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I have more than one press mounted work handle with my right hand and everything else with my left hand. With my sizers I need space on both sides same way with my priming setups. Thing is no matter how many ways I redo my setup it seems just not right.

WILCO
10-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm a lefty too, and work my press this same way. Run the handle with my right and pick/place components with my left.

Yep. That's how I do it. :-D

Shiloh
10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
How mine is set up, I use my dominant hand on the handle.

SHiloh

GLShooter
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I have two benches.One that is eleven feet and the other that is six feet. The eleven footer holds a Lyman AA Turret, 3 Dillon 300's and a Dillon 650 with an RCBS Ammo Master set up temporarily on it. The other presses are permanently mounted.

The six footer has a MEC 9000G, a Dillon 550, A Star Progressive, a MEC 650 and another Lyman AA Turret. I have an extra MEC 650 set in the back to swap out for 28 gauge also.

All press are run right handed. IT is a god thing I only use one press at a time though we had three going before a PD shooting trip one day.

Greg

shagg
10-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Doby, I'm like you, however I shoot a handgun right handed, long gun left handed.

Mee too, long guns left and pistols right. Shooting most pistols left they seem to want to twist out of my hand. I go either hand on many different things but am right handed and left eyed. Dada a righty and moms a lefty.... As for my presses, right on the lever, left to handle cases but right to set boolits.

Ron

Ironnewt
10-31-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm right handed and my Dillon 550 is in the center of the bench. On the left end is a old Star machine and between the two is a sizer/luber. I've got a place to my right for other stuff that can be moved/replaced as needed as I don't use them as much. Still there is plenty of room on either side of each machine so that it's clear of the next one and there is plenty of room to work.

onegunred
01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
I have only one hand so the answere is yes. I have set both of my presses up at an angle so I can insert and remove brass without banging my knuckles. Priming gets awkard, I neck expand and prime on the same press but I have to be seated and use my knee to lift the handle while I use my right hand to position the primer arm. I have looked at Dillon and Hornady both to try and make all the functions easier, unless I get brass and bullet feeders it really does not make anything easier

jmorris
01-15-2013, 01:19 PM
My daughter is not as old as this thread.

Here is a video of my no handed press in operation.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/th_VIDEO0116-2.jpg (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/VIDEO0116-2.mp4)

3006guns
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Actually, I just realized that none of the choices fit my situation. I have my own version of a quick mount on the right side and can use any of seven presses and a lubricator. My Dillon however, is mounted on the LEFT side so the entire center of the bench is clear for other operations. Sounds good in theory, but in practice the center of the bench is filled with stuff!

jmorris
01-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Didn't fit mine because I have them all the way around the reloading bench. No work but reloading done on that bench.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/IMAG1210.jpg

r1kk1
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm a southpaw also. I just learn to adapt. It's a right handed world which explains the writing on a pencil is upside down when I hold one. Down with righties! Lol

My Dillon is center of bench and soon I will have quick mounts lets and right of the 550 for other tools that I use. I need one more bench dedicated to shotshell. I have one dedicated to casting.

Take care

r1kk1

A pause for the COZ
01-16-2013, 01:47 AM
I sit right between two presses. Single stage set up for left hand operation on the left, Turret press set up for right hand operation on the right.
But I am left eyed right handed too. So i do all kinds of weird stuff. If I want precision I go from left. if I need power I go from right.

429421Cowboy
01-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Press in the middle, run it with the dominant hand (right) and feed cases-boolits with the left. Since i only have single stage, i have gotten pretty darn fast during resizing and belling by grabbing two cases with my left hand and feeding them in, seems to work pretty good for me, also like to keep press in the middle so processed brass-loaded rounds can go on one side, unprocessed-charged cases stay on the other.

Wal'
01-16-2013, 03:50 AM
My progressive is offset to the right with a cut out angle bench, which then faces the loading plate/area almost front on, operate with the right hand & feed with the left.

Right handed with everthing I do...........but swing an axe & golf club left handed. :veryconfu

march41
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
why don't you try the press at different locations till your happy,use c-clamps before you drill that bench.how about apicture of the bench.Bob

engineer401
01-17-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm a southpaw also. I just learn to adapt. It's a right handed world which explains the writing on a pencil is upside down when I hold one. Down with righties! Lol

My Dillon is center of bench and soon I will have quick mounts lets and right of the 550 for other tools that I use. I need one more bench dedicated to shotshell. I have one dedicated to casting.

Take care

r1kk1

I agree it is a right handed world. I learned to adjust also. In fact, I also learned to shoot right handed because of it. I operate the press with my right hand.

Kent Fowler
01-18-2013, 02:18 AM

Gear

Same here. Wife thought I was crazy for asking her to pick me up some left handed scissors after we were first married. She used them one day to cut something, then complained about them hurting her hand. I told her it was the same with me using right handed ones. I still do a lot of stuff right handed. I bought a left handed 257 Weatherby Mark 5 about 15 years ago and still can't get used to operating the bolt on the dang thing. Still want to reach up with my right hand. The docs put this defib implant on my left side and were shocked that I bitched about it not being put on my right side where it wouldn't interfere with my shooting. They acted like they never heard of a left handed person.

geargnasher
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I tried and ditched the left-handed scissors when I was about five, too late already. I also sold the only left-handed bolt-action rifle I ever owned, it was only useful as a repeater fired from standing or sitting, and it was primarily a bench gun. For a bench gun I'm way too used to being able to see right into the action and hand-feed it.

Speaking of seeing, one of my favorite Texas views is looking SE across the coastal plains from the big drop-off where the Hill Country ends between Bandera and Hondo on 173, sounds about where you live, it's a beautiful part of the country.

Gear

o6Patient
01-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Being right handed with the rock chucker opening on the left... the answer is obvious.
I have neck and upper back issues so I do swap off when ever I can like on my co-ax.

Kent Fowler
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
I tried and ditched the left-handed scissors when I was about five, too late already. I also sold the only left-handed bolt-action rifle I ever owned, it was only useful as a repeater fired from standing or sitting, and it was primarily a bench gun. For a bench gun I'm way too used to being able to see right into the action and hand-feed it.

Speaking of seeing, one of my favorite Texas views is looking SE across the coastal plains from the big drop-off where the Hill Country ends between Bandera and Hondo on 173, sounds about where you live, it's a beautiful part of the country.

Gear
Yes, we live just south of the spot you are talking about. In fact, my wife came off that big hill headed from Bandera in my truck last month and had a little soiree with a deer starting from the front bumper, front fender, both passenger doors and the side of bed. The drought here really have these deer moving a lot. No acorns this year.

45fisher
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I got 2 press one on each side of the bench. The one on the right is for rifle and the one the left is for pistols. I Never found it to be a problem using either side.

larry

bakrzdzn
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
I am right handed and my bench is in to corner with a wall on the right. So one press is on the left end and the other is next to it going to the right. My bench is a solid core door, not as thick as I would like, but...for free who's complaining?

dragon813gt
02-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I didn't even think this would be something to think about. I run the handle w/ my right(dominant) hand and pick the cartridges with the left. I have a LCT so I use my left hand for the safety prime. This way my hand never comes of the handle. I run my sizer the same way. I'm sure I could run it with hands switched but I see no reason to.

300winmag
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Right handed, presses on right brass on left. I write either hand, shoot handgun either hand, rifle/shotgun I shoot left handed. All my long guns are R/H.

rmark
02-09-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm right handed, 30 year old Pacific press in the center, feed empty brass and bullets with my left hand. Really need to move the press farther to the right.

Nanook
02-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm mostly right handed. When I was young, I played a lot of hockey and the curved stick was left handed. When playing baseball, I batted better right handed, but for more power left handed. I must be some kind of mutant.

My presses are operated with my right hand, and the bullets with the left hand. One press is at the left end of the bench, another at the right end. They both operate that way. Another press is in the center of the bench on a Rock Dock, and I mostly operate that one the same way, although sometimes I handle the brass with the right hand on the turret press.

gunoil
02-10-2013, 11:08 PM
start with great steel base mount no matter what press.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/AF015B68-933D-42E2-8F9B-1F1178D9F960-16199-0000102E17B1E946_zps890f2c2d.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/CC989E1A-C3A7-4EAA-A7F5-CCA1315297AD-16199-0000102E0B1880F7_zps84e796b0.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/D9EEF741-BDB2-47E2-A82C-42DCE0EB71C8-19970-000011E032F9A847_zps494911c4.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/8508616B-B7D0-453C-951A-817FF2687928-19970-000010A6DF02C6DF_zpsc77d5f8b.mp4
one hand vid 45acp above.

BoolitSchuuter
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Which press? I have six tools (including casting pot and lube/sizer) mounted all along the front of my bench.

X2 though I only have 3 mounted at any one time.

duck hollow pete
02-11-2013, 08:47 PM
My dad is right handed and

My dad is right handed I left, he taught me hand loading, his setup was the press to the right and the componets to the left and it just seemed natural that way, if I reach for something its with my left hand right!