PDA

View Full Version : pan lube tips

white eagle
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
any tips you can pass along about pan lubing with carnuba red :holysheep

Edubya
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Don't know what you're having problems with and in all honesty I've never tried it straight. I had some homemade lube that was not doing well so I cut off a hunk of CR and added it to my lube. It became the best lube that I have used for handguns.

EW

Doby45
07-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Heat your boolits in their lube pan in the oven at 200* for about 10min prior to pouring the CR lube in the pan. You will need a cutter with CR, can be cheap or nice. If you have already sized the boolits you can use a fired case from the round you are loading to cut them out. If you have NOT sized them already then you will need something larger. My Lee 38cal mold threw boolits at .360 so I got a Buckshot cutter made at .361. I would then size my boolits to .358 and all was good.

mdi
07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I stand the boolits up in a pan and put diced/chunked up lube around them, and then put 'em in the oven at 175 degrees to 200 degrees for a while. I usually have to add a few slivers of lube to bring up the lube level to just beyond the lube grooves. I then take the pan out of the oven and cool. I like to use a cutter to get the boolits out of the cake but a lot of guys are sucessful at punching them out.

I use Carnuba Red for my heavy magnum loads and for adding to my version of "Darr lube".

white eagle
07-30-2010, 09:25 AM
thanks for the tips fellas
ha the Darr lube is the one I made and I did add CR to that but have yet to try them

Shooter6br
07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
i use Emments lube Beeswax, veggy shortning and olive oil.I use it for pistol and 45-70 up to 1500 fps .A good article is on this site using Emments lube. Single Shot Journal?