PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 311284 out of production?

Byron Cromwell
07-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Question:
I read where an ebay vendor has a Lyman 311284 double cavity for sale, claiming in bold type "great lyman mould no longer in production." Midway still has them listed. Any idea where this information comes from?

Hurricane
07-27-2010, 08:28 AM
That ebay vendor must have a great information system. He knows stuff that Lyman does not even know. Lyman still has 311284 listed as available on it's site.

MT Gianni
07-27-2010, 10:01 AM
He thinks a cherry change is an end to production.

mtgrs737
07-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Typical Ebay ****! I have seen many such claims on Ebay, the seller is just trying to get more out of his item. I bought a hard to find coffee maker from a seller that claimed two day express shipping on the 21st of July. It is now the 27th and I STILL don't have it! I emailed the seller and the reply was: "UPS returned the shippment damaged and we had to ship another one" I believe this like the I believe in the tooth fairy and Santa, what a bunch of liers. Sorry to be so negative but **** is ****.

Ben
07-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Most people on E Bay know less about bullet molds than I do about nuclear physics.

Example, " For sale a bullet mold, hole diameter is about 3/8 of an inch " No photos , no other descriptions .

Gee, that really tells you a lot, after efforts, you find out that the mold is a Lyman mold and the mold ID numbers are clearly printed on the mold.

Most of these E Bay sellers don't know " squat " about bullet molds.

You ever notice that many will show photos of the mold, but never a decent photo of the mold cavities. Not many of us buy a mold to look at ? ? ?

RugerFan
07-27-2010, 10:31 AM
....I have seen many such claims on Ebay, the seller is just trying to get more out of his item.

Exactly. I have seen this time and time again. Dirtbags claiming a mould is "discontinued" just to get more money from uniformed people.

RobS
07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Anything on eBay I watch with a scrupulous eye. Never trust anything these days and yes this is a negative outlook, but at least you won't be standing there with your pants down so to speak.

Mk42gunner
07-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Most people on E Bay know less about bullet molds than I do about nuclear physics.

Example, " For sale a bullet mold, hole diameter is about 3/8 of an inch " No photos , no other descriptions .

Gee, that really tells you a lot, after efforts, you find out that the mold is a Lyman mold and the mold ID numbers are clearly printed on the mold.

Most of these E Bay sellers don't know " squat " about bullet molds.

Ah yes, then there are the ads for the multiple cavity tapered bullet molds; which are actually antique suppository molds.:holysheep

Robert

mrbill2
07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
There is a fellow on Gunbroker that sells New Lyman molds with cavities that are lathe turned and at a higher price than other suppliers. There not all on Ebay !!

mooman76
07-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Did he also mention it was "vintage" or hard to find?

Byron Cromwell
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Well,
I am glad to see that I am not the only one with this impression of Ebay. I have bought some stuff off of Ebay for casting and I agree it's a pay-you-money-take-your-chances type of arrangement. I am satisfied with the stuff I have purchased, though.

Byron

Hurricane
07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Don't knock the tooth fairy and Santa, they are still real to me.

exile
07-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Well, what do you know?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=474107

exile

Ben
07-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Exile:

It really looks like the mold is out of production, doesn't it ?
Vintage & hard to find also............

You could have a dozen at your door steps in a few days.
Of course, those Lyman molds would probably all throw under-sized bullets.