PDA

View Full Version : Propane Brush tourch and Tank level Coupons

Muddy Creek Sam
07-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Harbor Freight coupons for those that are interested.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week=3010&campaign=A_prospects&page=coupon7.html&single=true&cust=33016375044&keycode=0000

Sam :D

Bret4207
07-30-2010, 07:38 AM
FYI for those that get the big brush/tar torches. I got one and found I have to leave the tank valve open for a minute or two before lighting. Otherwise the tank valve will shut down. I imagine it's some sort of safety thing. But let the pressure balance out for a minute and it works fine. This is the OPD type barbecue tanks.

imashooter2
07-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Coupon says the original must be presented. We'll see how a printer copy works. The gauge looks like something nice to have. Thanks!

mold maker
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM
There is a surge (flow) valve involved. To over come its shut down feature. just open the tank valve REALLY SLOWLY, letting the pressure at the torch creep up.
The safety valve stops the chance of a burned or ruptured hose from releasing the full contents of the tank, at extreme flow and pressure.
If ya think you could ever use one, the HF price is a steal.
It sure makes quick work of melting large pieces of lead that a propane torch can't touch.
The only down side is the extreme temps that can vaporize lead. Just do it outdoors with your back to the wind, so that the fumes are carried away from you.

remy3424
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Secondary use for those torches (my primary) is to scorch a hanging deer carcass of any and all hair that snuck on during the skinning. Sure beats picking or washing it off the meat. Takes about 20 seconds. Might be a little of subject.

Suo Gan
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
That weed burner works excellent for blasting your stack of scrap lead to rid it of condensation when you smelt in the cooler months.

Suo Gan
07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Coupon says the original must be presented. We'll see how a printer copy works. The gauge looks like something nice to have. Thanks!

The HF's stores I have been to all accept the printed coupons. If you are ordering over the phone, just tell them the coupon code.

imashooter2
07-31-2010, 04:06 PM
The HF's stores I have been to all accept the printed coupons. If you are ordering over the phone, just tell them the coupon code.

As it happens, I just bought my gauge today. They accepted the coupon printed in B&W.

Freightman
07-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Man you can melt brass with it no lie.

DukeInFlorida
08-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Deal ended 08/01/2010

Sadness sinks in......

Mal Paso
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
FYI for those that get the big brush/tar torches. I got one and found I have to leave the tank valve open for a minute or two before lighting. Otherwise the tank valve will shut down. I imagine it's some sort of safety thing. But let the pressure balance out for a minute and it works fine. This is the OPD type barbecue tanks.

Damn Idiots trying to fix what ain't broke. I had one of those valves jam closed due to poor workmanship/design on my last trip. Maybe "they" wanted to see how ugly I can get without coffee. You don't need to shut off the tank anymore when you disconnect the hose and there will certainly be accidents from shortcuts and trying to bypass the 3 Extra valves when they jam.