PDA

View Full Version : Forehand and Wadsworth bull dog original return spring

Tokarev
07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Can you, the lucky owners of Forehand and Wadsworth bull dog with original return spring, please post a picture of it along with a caliper?

I have not seen a bull dog with original spring yet, usually it comes with a contraption bent from a piano string. :groner:

Cactus Farmer
07-23-2010, 11:04 PM
I have a F&W in 38 S&W. What exact spring do you need? This is a solid frame 5 shot revolver,right? Mine shoots great with 158 grn soft lead and BP. I'm trying to find some balloon heads to get the little extra powder,I might carry it and want all the smoke I can get as cover after shooting the 5 shots.

Tokarev
07-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Mine is solid frame 41 calibre 5 shot. It's the 3d one in my 'Antiques' album on this site:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/picture.php?pictureid=226&albumid=52&dl=1227558212&thumb=1
That spring hides under the trigger guard and pushes the trigger forward after firing.
So to expose it you unscrew 2 screws that hold the trigger guard and the spring falls out.

Actually that's interesting! You are writing that 38 calibre bulldog is 5 shot.
I've only seen 6 shot bull dogs in 38. Never owned one as they are not considered antique up here in Canada, but on Gunbroker they all say 6 shot.