PDA

View Full Version : Lee .358 TL mould

Charlie Two Tracks
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
HOUSTON! We have ignition!
I searched about beagling and found an article that talked about beagling. I put the strips in my Lee mould like he said and it WORKED! The boolits came out with a head diameter or .361 and a body diameter of .359. So, I have a Lee sizing die (.358) and wanted it a little bigger. I thought for awhile and decided that I could put sandpaper around a pencil and get the diameter sanded a little larger. It took quite awhile but it actually worked. The boolits are .3585 right now and I can live with that or make them a little bigger. My revolvers cylinder is at .358. Anyway, it is much better than what I had before.[smilie=w:

Recluse
07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
For what it's worth, I have the Lee TL358SWC in a two-banger and it is my number one boolit, hands down, bar none.

Put simply, it is the best shooting, most consistent and accurate boolit in my entire inventory.

:coffee:

jmsj
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Charlie,
Glad it's all working out for you. I too have done all the things you listed and I learned them all here. I can't even begin to list all the things I do regularly that I've learned here.
By the way, if that .358 bullet is a tumble lube design, do yourself a favor and try Recluse's Tumble lube method. That combo is a real winner for me. And guess what, I learned about here. This place is so great

07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Charlie,
Sounds like you are all set. Let us know the shooting results.

Beagling and enlarging sizing dies are methods that have worked for me. I have only 10 moulds, and other than one, they've all required some sort of TLC. The lone exception is a '50s Ideal 308291 (now called 311291), but I fugure that the previous owner(s) made it so. The mould is so on the money that the part line is next to invisible.