PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Trim Pro case holder

mmorris
07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm looking at two manual case trimmers: the RCBS Trim Pro and the Lyman Universal case trimmer.

How does the RCBS Trim Pro lever release case holder compare to the Lyman Universal Chuckhead case holder in terms of accuracy and dependable operation? The lever operation looks much easier on my stiff fingers and wrist than the twisting action the Lyman collet requires.

Are these two trimmers pretty much the same other than the case holder design?

Mike

Hardcast416taylor
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
You just described why this old fella went with the RCBS trimmer! Arthur-ritis and his friend Sy-aticia made the decision easy for other than caming the cases in the shell holder, I also let my Forster trimmer go for just the same reasons of the shell holder.Robert

winelover
07-21-2010, 11:56 AM
You just described why this old fella went with the RCBS trimmer! Arthur-ritis and his friend Sy-aticia made the decision easy for other than caming the cases in the shell holder, I also let my Forster trimmer go for just the same reasons of the shell holder.Robert

Arthur came to visit me and hasn't left yet!:bigsmyl2: I like the RCBS trimmer paired with the motor option for much the same reasons. Can't fault their customer service either!!

Winelover[smilie=s:

Firebricker
07-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I can't speak for the Lyman as I've never used one. The RCBS is what I have and the lever works very well for me its easy and fast. FB

Firebricker
07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I think Arthur is like that old SNL skit the house guest from h*ll he NEVER leaves LOL. FB