PDA

View Full Version : Reworking a boolit mould

Dakoma
07-17-2010, 08:23 PM
There is a fellow here that does work on boolit moulds ,hollow pointing mostly but I have a Ideal SC mould for a 148gr wadcutter and since I dont shoot them would like to see about reworking it to a 250gr boolit for my 358 Winchester rifle.Any help would be apreciated.Dakoma

cheese1566
07-17-2010, 09:11 PM
When it comes to hollow pointing, I see rave reviews on our very own Buckshot here on the forum. Very outstanding in answering me PM's about costs and mailing.

Same goes for Eric at http://www.hollowpointmold.com/.

I too have ideas for about 3 old SC hangun molds to have hollow pointed someday.

Drop them a message about other services...

Dakoma
07-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the information and I will check it out what I want is a rifle boolit mould made from this Ideal wadcutter mould,I dont shoot wadcutters and have a few moulds for my 38Spl. and figured it could be made into a 250gr for my 358 Winchester rifle.It has plenty of depth to it to make a longer heavier rifle boolit,thanks.:grin:

leftiye
07-18-2010, 06:43 PM
For about the same $$ (??) you could possibly get Night Owl Enterprises copy of the Lyman .358009. And he can supply it hollowpointed (if they are in stock). Check with member Swede Nelson here on this site.

Dakoma
07-19-2010, 03:00 AM
For about the same $$ (??) you could possibly get Night Owl Enterprises copy of the Lyman .358009. And he can supply it hollowpointed (if they are in stock). Check with member Swede Nelson here on this site.

Yea looks like that is the case the mould is a old discontinued Ideal 148gr wadcutter so maybe might be able to do some tradeing and get what I want,thought it might be bored out longer and become a rifle boolit mould but not a simple task I have found.Thanks