PDA

View Full Version : mihec .502 hp

skimmerhead
07-16-2010, 01:48 AM
i have a mihec .502 hp with 3 set of pins <brass mold> when trying pins mold does not close rite, i tryed lubeing the pins, pin up pin down, mix and match, but mold does not close rite with any combo i tryed, a little love tap but mold blocks rock back and forth on the pins. with no pins mold closes perfect. what can i do? can any one help?

skimmerhead

MiHec
07-16-2010, 04:31 AM
Check the pins - it helps if you unscrew the "leading" pins a little and screw it back.

Sometimes they are twisted in respect to each other. Put them in the mold and gently untwist them with your fingers.

P.s. Did you try this with cold or warm mold??

skimmerhead
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
the mold was cold as i was only inspecting it and trying out the pins to get accustomed to the mold.

skimmerhead

Moonie
07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I usually run mine with one of the 2 "leading" pins loose. Seems to work very well, I do keep an eye on the pin to make sure it isn't baking out. I have the same problem with my 200gr .452 HP and every time I would tighten it back up it wouldn't close so I leave one loose.

Works for me. Did 300 of them the other evening, wish it would cool down outside though, wife won't spring for an A/C unit in my man cave...

skimmerhead
07-16-2010, 02:04 PM
thanks moonie been trying miha's advice seems to be working, if i can get a set of penta pins that would be the most used pins, probably cut the tit on the smallest hp pin and use them for flat point only, that way no problem with preheating. thanks alot.

skimmerhead :lovebooli

Edubya
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
If you are using that boolit for hunting, you might regret cutting off the smallest spud pin. If you want a FP just turn the spud up-side-down.

EW

skimmerhead
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
good point ed i'll get an extra set when i order the penta pins. thanks

skimmrerhead :lovebooli