PDA

View Full Version : question

garbear
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
local sports store has a ball mold. The mold is single cavity .440 diameter round ball mold made by Thompson center. it doesn't come with handles looks to be made of steel. they want 17.00+/- for it. any one have this mold and are they good. I need a mold for my 45 cal junker muzzle loader. good or not is the question.

docone31
07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't.
The mold I got was the .45 R.E.A.L./Ball combo mold. I can cast much faster than I can fire that thing.
You will like that rifle.
Once it gets a projectile, it will suprise you.

mooman76
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
A RB mould is pretty much a RB mould. It's neither a good or a bad buy. You could get a Lee DC mould for pretty much the same price and it comes with handles or get the combo like docone31 said. The BP TC moulds were usually anodized aluminum and use the Lyman handles. You Jukar probablty won't shoot the Lee REAL that good but good enough for minute of Deer or up close. Mine had occassional fliers like it was on the edge of stability.

docone31
07-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I found, with the R.E.A.l. that a little valve compound for lube and the fliers went away.
A few rounds, made a significant difference.
I stayed with the load reccomendations. Worked so well, I got the R.E.A.L. for my .50, and my wife's .54.
Untill I did that, I did not have predictable accuracy.