PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi

KCSO
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
For the fans of El Dorado...
This was made up as a snake gun for my canoe may years ago. The gun came to me as a standard Navy Arms that had gotten blowed up with snow in the barrel. This is the gun I carried in "Dances with Wolves". Although as a muzzleloader this gun is perfectly legal I don't carry it in the open much as i am tired of having to explain the law.

waksupi
05-11-2005, 09:43 PM
KCSO - You mentioned DWW. I made a few of the props for that, but wasn't on-set. I hate Hollywood types. I had a few other friends involved with it, the Brewers from Illinois, John "Spotted Horse" Arrasmith from Kentucky, and Dennis and Marie Dejardines from Montana. John and Dennis now dead, unfortunately. Did you run across any of them?

KCSO
05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Had many a conversation with John and I think I have a picture of him relaxing on the set. He was a super fellow. Knew Andy Cannon and after the movie Frank Costanza made me a set of mule hide boots. I will dig the photo's out and see if I can get some up to you . We worked with the Rapid City crew and I also supplied tents and tipi for props. If anyone from that remembers me and my partner Dean it will be because we were the ones who were going to eat Costner's dog.

Buckshot
05-14-2005, 03:43 AM
............Going to eat Costner's dog!? Why, and what did he have to say about that :-)?

.............Buckshot

KCSO
05-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I'll try and make this short, but remember that if it doesn't have John Wayne in it me and my partner don't watch much movies..

We were on the set first day and had just gone through continuity and were waiting for assignment when this mutt comes yappping through the line and generaly making a nusiance of himself. My partner Dean hollers out, " I had beaver last night and muskrat the night before (true ,we eat well)and its dog for the pot tonight", and he whips out a tomahawk and waves it in the air. This little guy about 510-155 or so comes out of a trailer and says,"Thats my dog I'll take him and he puts a leash on the mutt and away he goes". Later that day on set this same guy rides up on a horse while we are giving a tomahawk demonstration and say's, " Hey you guys are pretty good, can my folks come watch?" Dean says ,"Yeah and you got a nice outfit what group are you with"? The guy straightens up in the saddle and says,"I,m Kevin Costner, I'm the star". Dean and Jim look dumbfounded and all we can say is, "Dean and Jim from Verdigre, glad to meet you". He turned out to be a hunter and a fisherman and a real nice guy, but SMALL for a John Wayne fan.