PDA

View Full Version : NRA Cast Bullet Handbook

Chapped Lips
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
i see several references to this publication......anyone have any idea when it went out of print???
is it a good reference book to have or is info obtainable in other publications?
been searching for a copy and cannot locate a used copy:killingpc.........maybe we should encourage the NRA to bring it back:idea:...........

GLL
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Two copies are available on the Amazon USED book section right now !

Jerry

Chapped Lips
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
thanx,jerry.....appreciate it!
moderators......i see this topic was discussed just recently in another thread....if ya wanna kill this one,feel free........and i did email the NRA per the other thread.

4570guy
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Watch abebooks.com. That's where I found my copy.

beagle
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Be aware that there are two supplements out there as well. You might as well get a whole set wile you're looking./beagle

Bret4207
07-14-2010, 07:22 AM
They're good books, but the information is dated. Truthfully it's more of an "idea" book for me anymore. The best info you can find is right here on this site.

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Lyman is coming out with the fourth edition anytime now . . . I ordered it from Midsouth, should be in soon . . .

alamogunr
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Be aware that there are two supplements out there as well. You might as well get a whole set wile you're looking./beagle

I was not aware of a second supplement. What does it look like? There are 3 Handloader casting books in addition to the hardback "Art of Bullet Casting" and none of them are labeled "supplements". I 'm somewhat anal about books(among other things) and like to have all of a series if possible.

Bret is right about the information being dated. A lot of the info in the books has been modified or superceded by information available on this site.

John
W.TN

beagle
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Let me dig mine out and see what they say as to dates, etc.. If i'm not mistaken, there's an article in one and I'm thinking it's the second by a very young Mike Venturino on the .222 and .257 Roberts and cast.

Sorry MIke but that tells you the age of the supplements./beagle

I was not aware of a second supplement. What does it look like? There are 3 Handloader casting books in addition to the hardback "Art of Bullet Casting" and none of them are labeled "supplements". I 'm somewhat anal about books(among other things) and like to have all of a series if possible.

Bret is right about the information being dated. A lot of the info in the books has been modified or superceded by information available on this site.

John
W.TN

alamogunr
07-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Let me dig mine out and see what they say as to dates, etc.. If i'm not mistaken, there's an article in one and I'm thinking it's the second by a very young Mike Venturino on the .222 and .257 Roberts and cast.

Sorry MIke but that tells you the age of the supplements./beagle

My "supplement" has an article by Michael Venturino and yes, he is somewhat young in the picture. My copy is labeled on the front as Supplement No. 1 and at the bottom is identified as "REPRINT". The article by Mike is titled "Big Bore Guns and Little Gophers". It is about varmint shooting with cast in a .30-06 and a .257 Roberts.

There is also an article by C.E."ED" Harris titled "Cast Bullets In Africa". He is also somewhat younger in the picture included.

The copyright is 1981, 1987 and is the 4th printing, January, 1993.

John
W.TN