PDA

View Full Version : Old Case Cleaner Died

Phineas Bluster
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Deleted

cheese1566
07-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Base of my Hornady M-2 is 7". Measured with the bowl completely off.
Everything else is in specifications.

mike in co
07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
After twenty-three years of faithful service, my Thumler's Tumbler UV-18's motor turned up it's toes. I checked the parts list I had (January 1987) and replacement was $51.00 then. A check of their web site did show any parts list, but I imagine the current price of the motor has probably doubled. Not worth the expense to me as I can purchase a new unit for a bit more than the 1987 price of the motor alone.

I do have two bowls for the old vibrator, one was for cleaning dirty brass and the other was used for cleaning jackets and swaged bullets. I would like to obtain a new vibrator that would be compatible with my old bowls. These bowls need a base of 8 inches or more in diameter and a 1/4 inch diameter center rod that is at least 5-1/2 inches long, threaded to within 3-1/2 inches of the base.

I am considering the RCBS Vibratory Case Tumbler or the Hornady M-2 Case Tumbler. I was hoping a member that owned either of these two units could tell me if it appears that my old bowls would work on these machines.

Thanks,
PB
consider going to grainger for a motor..and stay with what u have

Mumblypeg
07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
My UV-10's motor went out acouple of years ago. I contacted the maker and they sent me a new motor that was better than the original. I think it was about $45 but well worth it.