PDA

View Full Version : New Mold well new to Me

stephen perry
07-11-2010, 10:37 AM
My Statistician/Shoot Annoucer at San Gabriel BR and soon to be Angeles BR gave me a hollow point mold. Never had much interest in such but I will give it a go. It is a Lyman 358156u single cavity with 3 hollow point pins mounted in hardwood handles. Seen these before but didn't have much interest until now.

I have the same Lyman 358156 in a single cavity. I always keep at least 500 or more of all my molds, I now have 32 molds 1,2,4,6 cavities. This is a modest amount of molds for a guy like me that has cast since 1963. Not trying to capture the market on molds just a few in each rifle caliber I load for and for my 38/357 and 45 acp. Have a 44 mold but that guns gone. Guys there are allot of molds out there either for sale, barter, or hand me down. Keep your eyes open. Keep a couple bucks in your pocket. I have bought molds for $5 at the Range. I don't ask no questions I just buy, I have nearly all the Ideal/Lyman numbers memorized. Helps to have the older Cast manuals I have most of them. Have some SAECO, LEE, and RCBS molds tring to get used to their number conventions.

My friend is retired a long time ago on Social Security and less than $100/month pension so I help him out in shooting stuff so he can continue what he has been shooting for all his adult life. I have another friend same situation I provide him with shooting stuff too. No big deal for me these 2 guys have done way more for me at San Gabriel BR than I can ever pay them back. My story is not much different than any Shoot Director like me that has allot of shooting friends, we all help eachother out. Usually do allot of trading, leave our money in our pockets.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Le Loup Solitaire
07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Your system and philosophy is good and certainly benevolent. Helping friends especially those in need is righteous. I commend you for what you do. LLS