PDA

View Full Version : 9mm help needed

whitetailsniper
07-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Hello fellas,
my son wants me to load some cast bullets for his 9mm

he bought a mold at a gun show,,and its casting 128 grain

rn bullet. With a diam. Of .357 with all my loading books,and my data ,i cant seem to find a load for this weight. I need you fellas here to help me out with this one,,i have lots of differant powders,,,,herco,unique,imr 700x,red dot,universal,clays to name a few. Please advise,help.

mike in co
07-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Hello fellas,

rn bullet. With a diam. Of .357 with all my loading books,and my data ,i cant seem to find a load for this weight. I need you fellas here to help me out with this one,,i have lots of differant powders,,,,herco,unique,imr 700x,red dot,universal,clays to name a few. Please advise,help.

use 125 data and load just a tad longer if you can...work up...no max to begin with.

Doble Troble
07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd start with 4.3 gr Unique.

chris in va
07-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Make a dummy round first to see what OAL it will chamber at. I'd go with Universal in 9mm just because it shoots a lot cleaner from my (limited) experience with a few different powders.

Shiloh
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Hello fellas,

The .357 diameter would be perfect. I have an ondersized 9mm mold. Unique would be the powder of choice of those you have listed IMO.

Shiloh