PDA

View Full Version : Case trimmer?????

tred1956
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
What brand case trimmer do you perfer and why???

Thanks
Doug

1hole
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
"What brand case trimmer do you perfer and why/"

For most stuff, I use Lee trimmers due to speed, consistancy and ease of use.

For occasional trimming for uncommon lengths, the Lyman Universal mostly because of the universal shell holder, it includes nine pilots as part of the package and it indexes case heads firmly against a solid steel bolt.

"Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!"

Come quickly Lord, we in a heap of trouble down here!

tonyjones
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I like the Wilson/Sinclair Ultimate Case Trimmer from Sinclair International (sinclairintl.com). With it's micrometer head you can dial in the trim to length, it's repeatable and is accurate to within .001".
Regards,
Tony

dudel
07-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I like the Wilson/Sinclair Ultimate Case Trimmer from Sinclair International (sinclairintl.com). With it's micrometer head you can dial in the trim to length, it's repeatable and is accurate to within .001".
Regards,
Tony

+! Another vote for the Wilson/Sinclair unit. Costs more than Lee (what doesnt); but less than most everything else. It just works well.

Artful
07-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Well I have a couple of lee's to mount in the drill press for mass use and use the Forster Case Trimmer for most of it - use a battery powered drill with it when doing more than a few at a time.

one of my friends is using the Possum Hollow Qwick Case Trimmer with a drill and likes it a lot and for the price if I only did a couple of different cases I would probably go that way now.

Shiloh
07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Wilson.

All the cases come out exactly the same. (Well within .001)
Could never get that accuracy from ANY other trimmer.

Shiloh

GeneT
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Giraud. I have several trimmers (Wilson/Sinclair, Dillon, Lyman, Forster, RCBS, Gracey, K&M and Giraud). The Giraud is just as accurate and many times faster than the Wilson. It costs more, but trimming is the most tedious part of loading, IMO, so worth the money to take the chore out of it.

GsT