PDA

View Full Version : Ballister Molinia 45!

Freightman
07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Have a Ballister that has been broke for four years the trigger assembly broke, no parts anywhere. Well cactus farmer fixed it and said it was guaranteed broke again. Cactus farmer is a man of his word he fixed it good this time. As far as I am concerned he has fulfilled his word and more. The pistol shoots where you point it with any load. If you need something fixed get hold of Cactus Farmer he is a man of his word, Thanks

Oyeboten
07-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Good to know.

I like those old Argentine M1911 versions.

They are strong and very well made...

What all does Cactus Farmer do 'smithing wise? and or where does one find him?

casterofboolits
07-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Did a trigger job and refinished one for a buddy many moons a go. Got the pull down to a crisp four pounds. Had about twenty hours in the darn thing. Bead blasted the pistol and polished the sides of the slide with 600 grit paper on a surface plate to keep it flat and square. Replaced the front and rear sights. Polished the feed ramp,etc.

When done it shot fantastic.

The SOB then sold it for three times what he paid for it!!!! [smilie=b:

Needless to say he didn't get any more free work like that again!!!!

The Ballister's are fine handguns. They were made on 1911 tooling supplied by the US.

Bodydoc447
07-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I think the 1911 that the Argentines made are the M1927 using US tooling. The Ballister Molina use 1911 barrels and linkages and magazine but the trigger system is much more akin to the Star series of pistols.

Doc

Freightman
07-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I think the 1911 that the Argentines made are the M1927 using US tooling. The Ballister Molina use 1911 barrels and linkages and magazine but the trigger system is much more akin to the Star series of pistols.

Doc
Correct! that was the problem the link between the trigger and the sear had broken the tip off and the spring inside the trigger then fell out. For five years it lay in my dresser drawer looking for a replacement, no luck. Then I met Lewis (cactus farmer) and he fixed it very good. He is a very good gunsmith and honest, and knowledgeable.

LIMPINGJ
07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Like Frank said. I think Lewis has the equipment to make most any part if a replacement part can not be found.

Oyeboten
07-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Where/how does one find Lewis?

Does he only do M1911 type things, or other Pistol stuff also?

I have one, a circa 1946 'HAFDASA' Model ( Argentine .45 ACP ) which I am very fond of...high quality in every way, reliable as the day is long, and a joy to shoot. These were made by the old Hispano Suiza Automobile Co.

This was a later seperate thing I think from the Colt License deal.