PDA

View Full Version : My EDC folders

Ekalb2000
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Well I didn't see it in here, so I will start.
My favorite is a yellow handle Case trapper with CV blades. (dudes at work call it the butter knife)
Runners up (they get swapped out every few days)
Case sodbuster Jr CV. (with yellow handles)(which the wife uses for food prep... I let her cut onions with it once)
Case pocket worn medium stockman SS(red jig boned handles)
1980 Case whittler SS(brown jig boned)(My grand-father carried this knife. My gran-mother gave all us grankids one when he passed in '97)
Buck 110 (nough said)(I know when I carry this)
Buck 371 (Off shore product, but darn if this aint one well built knife)
Schrade SQ877 cable lock. (not really into modern folders, but friend at work had a few of these. Its light and sharp)
I dont know why, but I am so into the yellow handles now. I even got the wife and kids looking. Just my luck as always, I am a few years late for the big yellow handle sodbuster. Oh well there is always evil-bay.
I will get some pics up as soon as I can find my cam.

trickyasafox
07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I really like camillus pen knives with 2 blades, but frankly- I've lost enough pocket knives I don't carry what I really like. I just carry cheap 8 or 9 dollar folders with a pocket clip on them.

I recently discovered Moras though- and am quickly warming up to them.

jsizemore
07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Benchmade Griptilian 550HG. Takes and keeps an edge like no other knife I've owned. Easy one hand open and close with a little adjustment and break in.

Sprue
07-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Yeah I used to like camillus too. A long time ago I went to Severville and bought up a bunch. I sold a few but not many. My favorite carry was called a Yellow Jacket. It was about 3.4 closed I think it had 809 stamped on it. Anyway it was a two blade sorta like a pen knife. I loved that thing. I carried it about 21 yrs before it came up missing 6 mos ago. I like a slim two blade (w/one blade on each end. I can't stand the two blade knives with both blades on the same end.

After about 6 mos of looking around I was ready to buy a case yellow handeled pin knife and yes both blades were on the same pin. One day while visiting a pawn shop I asked if they had any used knifes, tthe girl said yes, I have a box full behind the counter. Low ans behols the had an old two blade tree Brand just about the same size as my lost cammilus. Been carrying ever since.

For yrs now I've had a yellow camillus canoe. its about 3.25 inches close, carbon steal etcc. I gave it to my dad around 1990. I got it back after his passing in '03. I sure think highly of that one but I could never carry it. As mentioned I recently discovered Mora Knives too. I love them things, I've probably got 6-7 in the last couple weeks. I also bought 3 blanks so that I can try my hand at making some scales for them. I've posted a few pix under my Sheath thread above/below. As for the cheap shaths that come with the mora's, I taking care of that almost daily

Oh, Sod Buster Jr (Yellow / Case) was mentioned. That was one of those knives I purchased yrs ago in Severville. I still have it and its never been use, it just lives in the knife box. I got thru that box a coulpe times a yr to re-oil and fondle.

scrapcan
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Benchmade mini barrage. I have carried and lost a lot of knives. But htis one is a keeper and it is made well. It also does not catch on the seatbelt when you get out of a vehicle. It also has a blade less than 3 inches so it is legal in almost all places I go.

And it is made in the USA. Not all benchmade knives are but some fo them are (blue and gold lines I think, the red line is not).

Firebricker
07-17-2010, 11:53 AM
The Sod Buster JR is one of my favorite EDC knives. I like the carbon steel blades much better but have a coulple stainless ones too. A small Swiss army knife is another one a carry a lot. Another knife I'm growing fond of is the Leatherman it's a handy size with a pocket clip. It also has a bottle opener that can be used like a carbiner. I don't think you can have too many good pocket knives ! FB

Artful
07-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Kershaw "Ken Onion" Rainbow Leek for me.
http://www.crocblades.com/images/products/K1660VIB.jpg
Used to be SAK
http://www.greatproductdirect.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/swiss_army_knife.jpg

missionary5155
07-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Well as you can tell I am of the Gerber clan. Have carried & used Gerber since a long time ago and see no reason to change.
Especially with the addition of the Armor crewman S30V on the left. Got it from a return Armor Crewman from Iraq. Everything I wished I would of had 1971-74 but our military did not make available. Been happily carrying it for one year+. Holds a razor edge about 20% longer than either of the other two large Gerber clip knives.
The second large smooth Gerber I caried off and on for 2 years. It was my #1 until I got the S30V. I like the smooth blades.
The middle Gerber I carried for 6 years. I modified the thumb hole for a better purchase and it was worth the time. I still grab it off and on for walks in the desert.
The two smaller ones get along in the pocket off and on. Been with me a long time along with other Gerbers stored up in Illinois.
I have other brands... some are really good .... But I seem to just stick with the gerbers happily.

SharpsShooter
07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Leatherman Pulse.........I'd sooner forget my wallet at home than it.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZO0Xz27uzR7OKEXE94-nwefxxhjJxw4xOP33tU4OLBJWqPj8&t=1&usg=__ETrjOtB7nHAQCb-kZqdH48mc-EI=

SS

bandit7.5
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
For a working knife I carry a Camillus electricians knife or a old Ulster electricians knife, not flashy and too ugly for someone to keep. My flashy carry is a older small brass framed Gerber lockback with a gold PUBLIX emblem over the blade pin.

EMC45
08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Gerber steel, in my opinion, seem to take a little longer to obtain a razor's edge, but once you get it it sticks around...

miestro_jerry
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I like my Erny Emerson Tanto Folder. Excellent knife.

Jerry