PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Price

bbs70
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Not quite made up my mind yet, but thinking about selling my blackhawk.[smilie=f:
45 colt, 4 5/8 in bbl, stainless.
Approx 5k rounds through it (MILD TARGET LOADS).
Shoots better than I can.

Bought new 6 or 8 months ago, had Bill Oglesby work on it before I even shot it, 350.00 worth of work on it. ( I have receipt).

Just wondering what it might be worth.
Yep, I checked prices on line, but none had any of Bill's work done on them, so I'm not sure what its worth.

Found a USFA Rodeo II from Long Hunter I fell in love with, and it fits my mitts better than the blackhawk.

jh45gun
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Well tell you what its like hot rodding a car you will never get out of it what you have into it. Most folks will not be willing to pay for what a used Ruger cost plus the work you had into it. If it was me I would keep it not because I am a Ruger fan I am not but I have tried to sell or trade off guns that I had a lot of dough into either from gunsmithing or sporterizing and I have found out very seldom do you break even.

bbs70
07-05-2010, 09:20 PM
You're definetly right, you'll never get out of it what you put into it.
I don't even expect to break even.
But I don't want to just give the gun away either.

A USFA Rodeo II has caught my eye, I'M IN LOVE AND I WANT IT.
The gun that is.:grin:

EDK
07-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd go for whatever price is current on gunbroker or auctionarms auctions as a guess. You basically get NOTHING for the custom work, even with documentation! Put it up on a auction with a reserve price you think fair and see what it does.

With 40 plus years of buying and trading guns, I've come to the conclusion that I'll either keep the gun or give it to one of the kids. I usually regret a sale or trade. My favorite step son has the SUPER BLACKHAWK, 5.5 inch stainless, that Oglesby customized a few years back.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

Hardcast416taylor
07-06-2010, 03:04 AM
A friend of mine tried to sell a sporterised 98 mauser to a large gunshop once. He had put a nice piece of wood on it as well as blued the metal and altered the bolt and trigger. They gave him a quote as if it were still a stock mililtary 98 without the costly changes he had done to it.Robert

HammerMTB
07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I kin tell ya what I just paid for one. It was blue, not SS, but came with the box of 50 that the original owner shot thru it when he found out it hurt his arthritic wrists too much to shoot. Original box, papers, all of it, $400.