PDA

View Full Version : Marlin XL-7 35 Whelen Build. :)

JesterGrin_1
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Dangerous Dan has started a build on a Marlin XL-7 to 35 Whelen with the A&B Barrel made by Shaw with a 1-14 twist 24 inches long. That will also include the BOYD'S Ross FT Thumb Hole stock in pepper. You can view that here along with a bunch of other great info on the Marlin and the Savage. http://www.usa-shooters.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2139

thx997303
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I could view it, if I were registered.

JesterGrin_1
07-05-2010, 10:32 PM
If you are into bolt guns and how to work on them from a barrel change to fitting a stock to head space. It would be worth your time to register. :)

Hardcast416taylor
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I registered on this site just to see what it was like. I see there are about 6 main people writing on it. I found no information worth the effort of registering. Sorry, but I doubt I`ll log back onto it. This cast boolits site has all types of information and topics covered by many writer contributors to answer my questions.Robert

JesterGrin_1
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Everything has to start somewhere. But I gave the site since there is some good information on building the Savage and Marlin Bolt guns along with others.

And no sorry the info was not really here when I was looking to build my Marlin XL7 into the 35 Whelen. As I almost went blind looking for it.

I do agree that Cast Boolits has good info for Boolits ,Twist Rate , and loads but not the building of said rifle of which I was looking for.
And thus as stated I put up the thread about my XL-7 build to 35 Whelen and the BOYD'S Ross FT Thumb Hole stock if some would like to tag along to see its progress.

But all is great as I just posted this to give others information that might be interested in either working on there own Marlin or Savage Bolt gun or just to see what is involved. You can never get too much information.

JesterGrin_1
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Dangerous Dan has started a build on a Marlin XL-7 to 35 Whelen with the A&B Barrel made by Shaw with a 1-14 twist 24 inches long. That will also include the BOYD'S Ross FT Thumb Hole stock in pepper. You can view that here along with a bunch of other great info on the Marlin and the Savage. http://www.usa-shooters.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2139

I have updated the thread with pictures of the BOYD'S Ross FT Thumb Hole stock with pillars added. Next is the wait for 10 days more or less so the epoxy that holds the pillars in can dry before the other work can be completed.