PDA

View Full Version : Grandson scores again

carpetman
08-20-2006, 12:17 PM
My grandson and his dad have a friend with a big place with a game fence around it. He has exotic animals on it( No Waksupi not ewes dancing around in G strings---like the exotics on your place). Recently some axis deer got out and they helped round up some of them. Some they couldn't get back in. So their friend let my grandson shoot one of them. Last year I gave him a Win 88 in .308. He shot it for the 7th time and got his 4th big game animal with it. When I gave it to him,he shot at a pop can twice. Missed first shot and splattered it the next. Next shot was an 8 point whitetail. Next was a ten pointer which he shot a second shot in the neck when it was on ground. Next shot was an 8 pointer and then the axis. Guess the gun fits him pretty well. These were with jacketed bullets which I reloaded. BTW before the .308 he had been using a .243 for several years and results with it were about the same as what he does with the .308.

hpdrifter
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM
If he directed his hunting opportunities just right, he could have the grand slam before he finished his first box of cartridges!

I like to "just" shoot. prolly shoot 100's of rounds to shots taken at game. Maybe 1000's.

Good to see some youths shootin and huntin.

Dale53
08-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Carpetman;
It is heartwarming to hear you talk of your grandson, hunting, and shooting.

Good for you!

Dale53

Explorer1
08-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Great way to build some fantastic memories for this yung' one!

Keep up the good work, we need more like you!