PDA

View Full Version : Sons are good!

Freightman
07-04-2010, 09:46 AM
things to have around. My youngest son came to visit for the fourth, my old computer was getting slow, I know how to turn them on and peck and hunt letters but not fix problems. There was something that came up on the start up as a error and slowed the computer down a lot. Well he said my virus protection worked but couldn't remove the thing just quarantine it. So he goes into a part of the program I have never been and gets rid of it. Computer is now as fast as it was when new. Smart sons are good!

Hickory
07-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Good parents=good children.

DLCTEX
07-04-2010, 11:48 AM
My youngest came for the fourth and brought me some campaign fliers (I'm a candidate for county commissioner) that he'd photoshoped my picture and done some graphic design on the page. A small return on college tuition. I'm going to see if he can repair a problem in my Kodak Easy Share . Yes they can be handy.

hammerhead357
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I like it when my oldest son gets me a load of wheel weights from where he works. Last batch was about 300 lbs. So yes they can be handy to have around....Wes

1Shirt
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Never had a son, but have a great daughter and great grand daughter. Both are shooters, both are more computer literate than I could ever hope to be! And my grand daughter took both deer and turkey in Mo. before she turned 14. Both hunted Africa with my son in law, who I am pleased to say is a shooter, caster, hunter, and good husband and father. Daughter took a very nice Blissbuck, and grand daughter took a nice impalla. I could ask for no more from a son or grandson!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Dannix
07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
A small return on college tuition.
Quoted for truth. I owe my folks quite a lot. One thing I've found though is that 'payback' is not via expensive gifts or what not, but being there when needed and helping in the small things.

Duckiller
07-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Don't know how you run a computer without a son or daughter that is something of a computer Geek.

looseprojectile
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
owns a computer repair business. Guess who's computer runs great.
All the new upgrades.

Life is good

Steelbanger
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
And just because I use the AppleŽ computers my son picks on Steve Jobs all the time. He really doesn't like when I show him some Mac feature that his PC does not have. Otherwise he's a good son. He took my mower to repair it and came back with a brand new, self propelled model which starts with a key, no more pulling a rope to start. Of course I have called him a few times now to ask when he's dropping by to show me how to use it. Fortunately, he's too smart to fall for that ploy.

pmeisel
07-17-2010, 10:17 PM
One of my boys was here this week -- split a cord of wood, helped me take down a tree, and cleaned the gutters.

So I taught him to reload this evening. Tomorrow we zip up another tree!

Down South
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
One of my boys was here this week -- split a cord of wood, helped me take down a tree, and cleaned the gutters.

So I taught him to reload this evening. Tomorrow we zip up another tree!
Now that's the kind of son I like. I'm the puter wiz in the family but the hard work comes harder these days. Splittin all that wood is nice, plus taking down the tree. My grandsons have taken up that role in the past few years.
I just wish that at least one of them would become intrested in casting and reloading.

Moonie
07-19-2010, 03:56 PM
All of my sons are learning to reload, casting is next and they do want to learn, one even wants his own bp pot.