PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 450 (45 Colt)

Freightman
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Went to the range and just got back, I was shooting my 450 with 8gr Unique and a 255g boolit, it was shooting about 3' high at 25 yds. I told my son I am going to shoot the weed that is growing on the burm about 75 yds away and to my surprise it hit dead on. Now I was impressed as the pistol has a 2' barrel and I was surprised that I hit anything at that distance.

AzShooter
07-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Congratulations. Hard shooting at that distance but now you know you have the tallent... How was the recoil?

Freightman
07-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Congratulations. Hard shooting at that distance but now you know you have the tallent... How was the recoil? Not real bad the grips are great! This is my carry gun, at 3/7/1 5 yds you can keep it in the eye socket of one of the silhouette targets you use in your CCW class. A friend said does it bother you that you only have five shots? No I say if the dude doesn't go down in five 255g Gold Dots it is time to pray or run (can't run to old a crippled up)
Can't hardly wait till the end of August as I am almost blind in my right eye (my use to be dominate eye) and they are going to fix it then, can't hardly wait. It has a good side though it has taught me to shoot left handed with pistol and rifle and not to bad ether.