PDA

View Full Version : SAECO 20 lb Casting Pot

stephen perry
07-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Anybody Cast out of the SAECO Pot. These were dipping pots. Friend of mine has used one for over 20 years, no complaints.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Le Loup Solitaire
07-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I've had one of these (with thermostat) since the mid 1960's and its still going strong. It is built like a tank. I smelted in it, ladle casted and dipper casted and never had any kind of problem. The crucible is cast iron so I always wiped it down with an oily rag when it was to be stored. The outside is/was blued steel and I sprayed that with Rustoleum stove black so that never rusted. It came with a bail and a channel spout built in, so that it could be easily poured empty for cleaning and they threw in a 4 cavity ingot mold free.. Must have been the "good old days" Just look at some of the stuff they are producing and selling nowadays. LLS

Yance
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I use two SAECO 20's and have a Lyman 61(? right #) for backup, same pot.

One SAECO stays 30-1 for BPCR, the other stays "hard" alloy for rifle boolits. Neither drip unless you lift the handle.:lol:

lars1367
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
I just used my grandfather's old SAECO to do some casting for the first time. The valve was stuck on it, and the rest of the unit was looking pretty rough from decades of being stored in a damp basement. Despite the rough appearance it worked well! The temp control was even functional. There's only one thing I wish I had when casting with the SAECO; my grandfather!
-lars1367

stephen perry
07-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Folks I too have a SAECO pouring Pot. I was referrig to the SAECO dipping pot not the bottom pour. Thanks.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR